Thread: SCO vs IBM about Linux

Blog Entries
    SCO has subpoenaed Novell (just acquired SUSE Linux), Linus Torvalds, creator of the Linux kernel; Richard Stallman of the Free Software Foundation; Stewart Cohen, chief executive of the Open Source Development Labs; and John Horsley, general counsel of Transmeta (chip manufacturer).

See the story HERE.

Basically, IBM's lawyers and SCO's lawyers are viewing each other with suspicions of foot-dragging and unresponiveness.

SCO's really behaving stupid for some time now...why they don't show THE code they speak about???

It's just another campaign sponsored by god-knows-whom (M$?) to discourage using Linux ing general.

----- mine opinion only ---
    rm -Rf /

How long has this thing been going on?

Why don't somebody just nuke SCO out of the face of the Earth. It will save everybody alot of lawyer fees.

It's been going on most of the year. If you haven't been keeping track, it's actually been quite the circus. You can find out a great deal more about it right here. Groklaw's been keeping a running account of the whole thing.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

has been eaten by a grue.
    I would like to thank SCO. I haven't enjoyed a soap opera this much in years. It takes talent to out-Onion the Onion.

Since this is such a 3 ring circus, SCO is actually doing the GPL and Linux a favour. Linux is getting tons of free PR, and I find it hard to imagine that SCO can get the GPL thrown out, especially with IBM cheerfully holding the centre of the line.

Forget Coronation Street. This is great fun.

Originally posted by Dyyryath
    It's been going on most of the year. If you haven't been keeping track, it's actually been quite the circus. You can find out a great deal more about it right here. Groklaw's been keeping a running account of the whole thing.
    Thanks for the link Dyy. I've been getting my daily infusion of SCO crap from /. and with their lively discussion, it always brightens my day.

Lets hope that this thing ends quickly and painlessly.

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    Yearh, Groklaw is a truly excellent site! If you want to follow the SCO case, Groklaw is *the* site to check out!
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed