Thread: Local Update Server Problems

Local Update Server Problems

I'm running an update server on my local lan to reduce bandwidth when updates occur.

Just checking the 'server.status' file and I notice the following error is being received:

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server.

If you entered the URL manually please check your
    spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact
    the mailto:webmaster@blueprint.org" webmaster

Error 404
    www.blueprint.org
    Fri 14 Nov 2003 01:39:31 AM EST

Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
    Do I assume that the update packages now need to be updated for the new domain name etc.

Is this likely to have any impact over the next few days? ie are any updates expected to be released?
    Crunching for OCAU

I hope Howard & Co will release new version of Daemon with all necessary adjustments, but it might not be much before New Year. I don't think we'll be able to finish this protein before that.

As the web site name has changed, it is normal for current Daemon to issue that error message...

The daemon should work still (now) but you can download the latest version which will explicitly go to anteater if you're extra cautious.
    Howard Feldman

I checked the server.status file again this evening (15/11) and the same error is coming up. so I'd say it's still not working as it should.

Looks like a fresh download may be in order.
    Crunching for OCAU

No downloading won't fix. Are you behind a caching proxy server perhaps? If so you might need to wait a few more days for it to clear the cache.
    Howard Feldman

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    No downloading won't fix. Are you behind a caching proxy server perhaps? If so you might need to wait a few more days for it to clear the cache.
    Howard, I'm using an ADSL modem/router/switch so there's no cacheing proxy. I was going to move the update server to another box so I'll reinstall and see how it goes from there. Update possibly tomorrow (19/11).

Cheers
    Crunching for OCAU