For those of you who haven't been paying attention lately, we've been in a pretty good race with another DC team called US-Distributed over the last couple of weeks in a project called ChessBrain. While the project's goals are modest (some might even say trivial) compared to some of the other projects out there, it's still a good project to run. Why? Because you can do it without giving up on those other projects that you might consider 'more worthy'. It runs quite well with Distributed Folding, and I have it on good authority that it runs well with several others, too.

Of course, the best reason to run it is because it's fun! We're in a tight race with the upstarts over at US-Distributed (who, BTW seem to be a really friendly group of people ), and we're just now beginning to outrun them on a daily basis. To make sure that we can easily keep an eye on them (and enjoy the beatdown they have coming), I've just added hourly stats support for ChessBrain to my Arachnid system. It's a good time to participate!

For more information on this project, check out our ChessBrain forums. If you're looking for something to do in addition to your regular project (or as a primary project), this might be the one for you!