I've been tinkering with a new site design for some time now. I've nearly got a complete version of the homepage ready to share with you guys, but I want to show it with a new logo. With that in mind, I've spent the last week or so trying out different things for a logo.

I tried a variety of simple shapes, fancy graphics, & even some fancy photo background stuff, but none of it really seemed to fit with the clean, modern look I'm trying to give the new site design. Since none of that worked, I'm now leaning toward a very minimalist logo: just text.

I've been looking at one version in particular for a couple of days & it's growing on me. I think it may be the one, but I figured I get everyone's opinion on the matter before I decided.

So, here's the my current favorite in two versions. One with a dark blue background (this color is used on the new site design) and one with a generic white background for use in other places (maybe on a t-shirt, perhaps? ):

Logo #16 with Dark Background

Logo #16 with Light Background

So, what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

If it seems too plain, it'll probably make more sense when you see the new design (probably in a day or two). Personally, I think it's quite elegant, but mine's not the only opinion that counts around here.