Thread: 2015

Now that we are comfortably in 4th place overall in OGR-28 I have decided to make a big push on rc5-72 starting Jan 2015. I could use some help in taking on TBR and Ars. Currently I have enough resources to roughly match their output but not enough to make any meaningful advance given they are so far ahead of us. We are currently sitting at 39th place. We just squeaked into the daily first place position yesterday. Lets see how long we can keep it.
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Happy New Year everyone.

Majority of my rc5 production is offline today. I'm adding a new outlet on a dedicated breaker in my shop. Since setting up my systems they have been running off extension cords. The server portion of my shop didn't have any outlets. I've only been able to power ~40% of my systems at a time. I plan on a total of 4 new outlets with dedicated breakers. Currently the shop has a 25amp feed which will need to be increased to 50 amps to power the entire shop.

The power upgrade is complete. I added two dedicated 15 amp breakers for the main compute cluster. I also added another outlet for misc equipment. I can now run all my current systems and not trip a breaker. I should be up to full capacity in the next few days. I need to rebuild some of the systems due to bad disks. Hopefully now my shop will stay warm without having to run the propane heater. I also discovered the main feed breaker for the shop is 125 amps not 25 amps, I thought that was way to low. 20 years of dirt hid the 1. I wonder just how many systems it will take to keep 1600sqft warm.

My new shop heater is working great, maintaining 52~55 deg and producing 390K blocks per day.

Are you running RC5-72 on GPU or CPU? It is not worth the effort on running on CPU. Also this project will last more than 50 years so I think for the moment it is better to help Free-DC on OGR.

I'm running a mixture of cpu and gpu. I've kept enough systems on OGR to maintain ~ 800K gnodes a day. We are currently in 4th place overall in OGR but we are 38th place in rc5. I've found that the older core 2 based systems work the best on rc5 while the newer core systems work better on OGR.

Do you understand what are you doing on rc5? brute force is used, you will be dead first so you won't see the final of the project that in terms of math is garbage.

Try to allocate your efforts on SOB, the client can detect all cores. Also you can help free-dc to reach first place as help the project to complete the conjectures.

So to get the latest client just go here

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/download/

I suggest running SOB instead. Turn off HT. Client available here:

http://www.seventeenorbust.com/download/

Try sob. Turn off ht

Can I suggest you run SOB instead and help Free-DC to be number one?
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=sob
    http://www.seventeenorbust.com/

Don't forget to turn off HT so you won't waste processing power on prime client.

Thank you in advance.

Carlos