Thread: new

new

Just wanna pop my head in to say lo, ill be gimping as soon as I rtfm . Ill be using High-end P4s some being duals running on a redhat platform, hi and thanks to PCZ.

glad you made it

somebody please tell cepheus how to best run gimps for the team.

Use the right tool for the right job!

In a small garage, far far away, close to the Prime Meridian, Greenwich, London, UK
    Download the gimps for linux : ftp://mersenne.org/GIMPS/mprime235.tar.gz.

Untar this your directory of choice, name doesn't matter. (tar -zxvf mprime235.tar.gz)

Start gimps with the following command (from the directory you unpacked it in):
    ./mprime -m

It will ask you a number questions, most of which are self evident, but for some you have to give the correct answer (so that you can join the FreeDC team). Team ID: FreeDC and Team Password: go-4-it . Make up a unique name for each computer, actually for each client, as a dual runs two seperate clients.

If you want to run it on a dual then start the client 2 times, but start it with an additional parameter -A0 for the first client and -A1 for the second client.

Hope this is enough to get you started. Btw I would recommend either first time primality tests or Double-checking as specified work type. You can always change later.

Good luck on the crunching

heretic

schedule

I guess I can setup a cronjob when I want this to run, or a process priority level?

In a small garage, far far away, close to the Prime Meridian, Greenwich, London, UK
    You can.

The priority level is not worth messing with, as the client runs on absolutly lowest level,

heretic