Thread: Stats site and hardware

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

Stats site and hardware

So, a little more about the outage today and then where we stand.

The PSU was dead, as well as the UPS which it was attached to which was kind of weird, but maybe one caused the other. Anyway I got it up and running with a spare, older PSU. Don;t get me wrong this machine is still fairly robust.

A few weeks ago a very generous member from the overclock.net team donated a few servers. One of them was a Dell R900. This is a huge machine, with 4 xeon processors, 64Gb Ram and two 15K 300Gb drives. I needed to add some drives, but first of all I installed linux on it and thought I'd see what it was like running some of my more intensive calculations. Well, it was a little slower than expected. Maybe due to the memory interconnect? Not really sure. I still need to spend more time on it. Been in and out of town last few weeks in Dallas so hard to find quality time.

Another very generous member of Free-DC has also offered to build a server, which would be very powerful. Dual xeon, 72gb Ram, SSD's. That would be a very good DB server and I could also leave the current one as a failover (leave it running. I'll talk more on that later.

I may have a bitcoinutopia campaign setup at some point in the next few weeks which will also help.

For reference I estimate it costs me roughly $120 pm to run the systems, so donations certainly help out with that.

Coming up in the future, we are very close to getting TWC MAXX in my area, which will bump my connection to 300/30 from the current 50/5. No extra costs involved, but I will need to replace my aging firewall to take advantage, but that's not essential (it's a P2-800 or something running smoothwall). I did receive a newer gigabit router recently to take care of one of the places. Was supposed to get Fiber last year but it seems like the company that started putting in the lines went out of business )

More later.

Bok, not sure what kind of router you are looking for, but I have been looking for an excuse to upgrade mine. If you are interested, I'd be happy to donate my ASUS RT-AC66U running Merlin's firmware. It will easily handle a 300/30 connection (crazy that this little box can outperform a P2-800... thank you, Moore's Law). Just let me know and it is yours.

www.amdusers.com
    Something wrong with the stats the last few days. Can reach the site but the data is either incorrect or absent depending on when I log in.

bok are you working on it?

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Something wrong with the stats the last few days. Can reach the site but the data is either incorrect or absent depending on when I log in.

bok are you working on it?
    According to our stats, there are two people on the team... you are not one of them Bok.

First thing noticed is it doesn't show me associated with a team although the team page link works. The other thing is that the site says there are only 2 people on the team in the pie graphs but nothing is listed in the chart...

Looks like it's working okay now... but wow, what a nice membership climb... 373 new members from just 2 people!

The 373 people left. It's just Darkness Productions and Weber again.

Checked stats when I came home. No team again. Checked about an hour later... Team is back but Team stats are screwy. Also, it said I'm #0 in the team for BOINC combined on my stats page...

Looks like this is intermittent. Here's a hammer (hands you Thor's hammer)...

www.amdusers.com
    . double post
    Last edited by vaughan; 06-12-2015 at 07:40 AM. Reason: 2x post