Thread: Server is down

Exclamation Server is down

Tue Nov 25 18:16:45 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1258} [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed pending connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 (Unknown) {errno=Invalid argument}
    Tue Nov 25 18:16:45 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 failed: Unknown
    Tue Nov 25 18:17:06 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1258} [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed pending connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 (Unknown) {errno=Invalid argument}
    Tue Nov 25 18:17:06 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 failed: Unknown
    Tue Nov 25 18:17:27 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1258} [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed pending connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 (Unknown) {errno=Invalid argument}
    Tue Nov 25 18:17:27 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 failed: Unknown
    Tue Nov 25 18:17:27 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_http_connector.c, line 101} [HTTP] Too many failed attempts, giving up
    Tue Nov 25 18:17:48 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1258} [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed pending connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 (Unknown) {errno=Invalid argument}
    Tue Nov 25 18:17:48 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 failed: Unknown
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Looks like a whole minute of downtime there. Let's call out the national gaurd.....

Tell me that is just a small snip of the error log and there is atleast 1/2 hr down time to warrant starting this thread?

Also it might be a good idea to step away from the folders for a while dude. That can become a dibilitating phobia.
    Crunchin D.F. for www.procooling.com

Talking LOL

I pride myself in knowing what is what without scratching my nads too long about it.

If I see a green elephant I'll say straight away it's a green elephant.

So a borked server is a borked server.

Just for you

Tue Nov 25 18:47:21 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 failed: Unknown

Does half an hours downtime put more weight to it.

I always expect myself and my server team to announce downtime for servicing well ahead of time.

No announcement means, in my book, an error.

So I thought I would be nice and helpful and make the guys/gals in Bearland aware of it too.

Talking BTW

anyone got the number for the national guard.

Re: BTW

Originally posted by Fozzie
    anyone got the number for the national guard.
    Sorry I brought it up.

I used to be a SETI addict and watch all 5 computers consistantly and make sure I was there for every WU uploaded. Then I got called back to work after the winter layoff and it drove me nuts thinking about if my work units uploaded on time or not. Luckily it was a traveling job and I got used to it. It can be addictive.... Just remember that little thing called outdoors. Nice to wonder around out there sometimes. There are even people that actually speak to you instead of typing to you!!!
    Crunchin D.F. for www.procooling.com

Re: Re: BTW

Originally posted by jaydee116
    Sorry I brought it up.

I used to be a SETI addict and watch all 5 computers consistantly and make sure I was there for every WU uploaded. Then I got called back to work after the winter layoff and it drove me nuts thinking about if my work units uploaded on time or not. Luckily it was a traveling job and I got used to it. It can be addictive.... Just remember that little thing called outdoors. Nice to wonder around out there sometimes. There are even people that actually speak to you instead of typing to you!!!
    :shocked: There are other people????

Talking

(.. type..type...type...)
    " All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."-
    Edmund Burke

" Crunch Away! But, play nice .."

--RagingSteveK's mom

Looks like it's down again, all my machines had an error.

Wed Dec 10 09:30:28 2003 ERROR: [777.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 877} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to anteater.blueprint.org:80 failed: Unknown
    Wed Dec 10 09:30:28 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4900} Error during upload: NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER - WILL TRY AGAIN LATER

This error does not imply the servers are down, it implies a network connection timed out, which could be caused by numerous things. Unless it occurs for hours upon hours it should generally be ignored.
    Howard Feldman