Thread: Test version of folding client

Test version of folding client

From DF site News section:

11/28/2003
    Protein Update - Test version
    A test version of the update will be posted on Tuesday, November 2, 2003. The goal for the current protein will be adjusted accordingly, pending the success of the test version. If you are interested in testing the update, please make sure to upload your results ahead of time and follow the news closely.

I like this part very much

Tuesday, November 2, 2003

That's probably supposed to be December and not November
    Team Anandtech DF!

probably?

Oh geezz... here we go again....
    Too many computers, too little time......

there is NO WAY it can get worse. (famous last words)

Boinc'ing away
    Will the test client be pushed out as an update or will it be downloadable by those who want? Seems a bit ambiguous in what is happening...

since it says "If you are interested" , it would seem you would have to volunteer for it, probably only given to those that register?

Originally posted by N.V.M.
    since it says "If you are interested" , it would seem you would have to volunteer for it, probably only given to those that register?
    I think what is happening is that Howard has made changes to the client because the results have been disapointing for this protein.
    Last time we tested a new client we didn`t get any points for the bata client so it was your choice to run it or not.
    Hopefully Howard will fill us in Monday.

Boinc'ing away
    It, to me, still sounds ambiguous even with the 'if you are interested' - one part says about a new version being posted, another about a protein 'update' (with the indication that online clients will get the new version)...

Not fussed if it is pushed or pulled - but would be interested to know so that I can dis/en able the update daemon...and be aware of any 'changes' that will occurr late Tuesday...

As Dano says, hopefully Howard (or Elena) can clarify what will be happening

This will not be a *mandatory* protein update - i.e. the test version will be available to those who are interested in downloading it; this is not an automatic distribution to all users.
    The reason I call this a protein update is that it will be the same as the actual protein update, so no need to make up new terminology.

Ues, you are correct both with respect to the date being December 2, and with respect to the fact that the results for this protein are clearly not satisfactory, so we intend to switch to a different protein and a slightly different algorithm in the near future, after some tests have been run.
    Elena Garderman

The news page has been updated, but it says 4th december
    Will it be the 4th or the 2nd december?
    Proud member of The Genome Collective

Will our points be recorded when using this "Test Client".....
    Too many computers, too little time......

The test client will be available Thursday, Dec. 4 as indicated on the news page. Regular points will be awarded for the testing.
    Last edited by Brian the Fist; 12-02-2003 at 10:46 AM.
    Elena Garderman

is the new handshaking for the upload included?

because i think ich had the prev. gen. missing error for about 3 times noch