Thread: libncurses.so.4 ??

libncurses.so.4 ??

I am only posting this because since I have been folding on diskless headless blades, I have been using libncurses.so.5 with no problems or errors.

Now that I have taken the 11/20 version, I had to make a symbolic link for libncurses.so.4 -> libncurses.so.5 .

Just wondering if this was by design??

The gcc version requires that; the icc version does not.

Or at least, ldd thinks that the icc version that I'm running right now is trying to link in libncurses.so.5. Having just grabbed the gcc version as well, I can see that ldd thinks that it's trying to link in libncurses.so.4 instead.

No, I'm not sure why this is... unless it has something to do with the fact that they compiled the gcc version on a Red Hat 6.2 machine?
    "If you fail to adjust your notion of fairness to the reality of the Universe, you will probably not be happy."

-- Originally posted by Paratima

Not sure if it is related, but all of the machines that I had to make a symbolic link for libncurses.so.4 now have a problem.

Filelist.txt; which was being created like:
    ./fold_10_handle_10_handle_protein_215.log.bz2
    ./handle_10_handle_protein_215_0000012.val

is now makeing filelist.txt entries like:
    fold_11_handle_2315_protein.log.bz2
    handle_11_protein_0002316.val

The name mangling has changed and also the leading "./" has changed.
    The leading "./" which is missing is causing the following to show in the error.log:

[000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 3566} Unable to find file handle_11_protein_0002316.val; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filelist.txt

Can't tell if this is a self inflicted injury or if is an actual problem in the code.
    All that I did was extract the new foldtrajlite file to the directory as indicated on the boards here.

More info:

The problem occurs when rolling back around to gen 0 or if you kill filelist.txt and try to start over at gen 0.

Check the file name the error.log claims is missing very carefully, anc see if you have a file with that exact name or not in the directory. Also look if you have any files with similar but not exactly equal filenames.
    Howard Feldman

This appears to be a self inflicted wound to the foot.

It's been so long since I installed a full client that I forgot what version I was running. I seem to have placed a gcc executable into a icc client directory.

Oops!!