Thread: downtime

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries

downtime

TWC must have been doing some work overnight, showing a 5hr outage in my town. All part of the MAXX upgrades as my cable modem is now showing 16 channel downstream.... Just got off the phone with the Signature@Home reps after getting everything fixed up.

It did mean an IP address change, so I had to change the DNS for all the sites. Everything should be working now. Tech did say that I should have the MAXX speeds by end of August at the latest.

Was wondering why the whole site was unreachable last night... thought maybe it was some kind of emergency maintenance.

www.amdusers.com
    Stats don't seem to be updating tonight, its already 11:54 pm here in Sydney. I'm sure we usually see some numbers by this time of night.

Blog Entries
    Been various issues, including a lightning strike last night outside our house which was insane. No damage, but the light was intense for a moment followed by the loudest thunder crack I have EVER heard..it did break my UPS on the db and webserver though I need to pick another up today.

This morning I've given the new firewall another go at setting up. Seems to have worked this time so that is good. Different IP address, but everything should be propagated.

Perhaps now I can get working on the new DB server. Need one more piece of equipment to finally get it all setup. But it will take a bit of time to get all the software setup on it, especially as I intend to try out a few changes..and I intend to leave the nonBOINC projects on the current DB server - that'll help speed things up quite a bit. Shouldn't be any difference when looking at them.

Blog Entries
    Been various issues, including a lightning strike last night outside our house which was insane. No damage, but the light was intense for a moment followed by the loudest thunder crack I have EVER heard..it did break my UPS on the db and webserver though I need to pick another up today.

This morning I've given the new firewall another go at setting up. Seems to have worked this time so that is good. Different IP address, but everything should be propagated.

Perhaps now I can get working on the new DB server. Need one more piece of equipment to finally get it all setup. But it will take a bit of time to get all the software setup on it, especially as I intend to try out a few changes..and I intend to leave the nonBOINC projects on the current DB server - that'll help speed things up quite a bit. Shouldn't be any difference when looking at them.