Thread: put the Theory to the test

put the Theory to the test

It is time to put Chaos theory to the test........

I know for a fact that there are some of you out there who wish you had the ultimate power so you could be the man keeping people down....

well here it is "The Chaos Theory"

I believe that everyone has one or two little computers out there that mean very little to them that don't produce massive output but produce just the same.

so the Chaos theory is born....

the DC project within a DC project is the Chaos Theory

just as Chaos is unpredictable so shall the theory be, you don't have run for Chaos for an extended amount of time or even at all but if you have the slightest bit of extra I would like to see how out of control the output could become

so here it is "ndqp2286"

load the handle and run what you brung and lets get out of control

if this works as well as I think it can then I will create a Chaos for every project Free-DC has and we can rotate the power from one project to another till Chaos reigns supreme

let the organized beware

and for those who might be worried about the points.....

THEY WILL NEVER LEAVE THIS TEAM

let the Chaos begin
    Chaos: the confused unorganized state of primordial matter before the creation of distinct forms

interesting theory Chaos

I am intrigued by your DC in a DC

I will load a comp just to see what happens

besides I just want someone to catch fozzie so I can help rip his arms off

come back and defend yourself fozzie cause Im gonna help Chaos kick your A$$ while I dont have my own power AGAIN to do it myself
    Entry: lunatic
    Function: adjective
    Definition: crazy
    Synonyms: absurd, baked, balmy, bananas, batty, bonkers, cracked, crazed, daft, demented, deranged, dippy, flaky, flipped out, foolish, freaked out, gone ape, idiotic, insane, irrational, kooky, loco, loony, mad, maniac, maniacal, nonsensical, nuts, nutty, preposterous, psyched out, psycho, psychotic, schizoid, screwy, stupid, unhinged, unsound, wacky, whacko, zany
    Concept: health (poor)

Re: put the Theory to the test

Originally posted by Chaos
    It is time to put Chaos theory to the test........

I know for a fact that there are some of you out there who wish you had the ultimate power so you could be the man keeping people down....

well here it is "The Chaos Theory"

I believe that everyone has one or two little computers out there that mean very little to them that don't produce massive output but produce just the same.

so the Chaos theory is born....

the DC project within a DC project is the Chaos Theory

just as Chaos is unpredictable so shall the theory be, you don't have run for Chaos for an extended amount of time or even at all but if you have the slightest bit of extra I would like to see how out of control the output could become
    This reminds me of what they once did over at ars. They had a group of people
    that called themselves the "Flying Squad". They would run a dc project on their
    extra computers and either use a group user id or other wise make sure the
    "Flying Squad" got credit for the output.

I liked the idea then and I still like it. Maybe we can adopt the concept and
    apply it to "Choas Theory".

The first scenario might be what I think Chaos is taking about. Use one project
    user id amongst several different persons/computers in order to put together
    a big output in the chosen project.

Question: Chaos, is the userid you provided tied directly to your userid,
    "Chaos"?

If yes, let me outline a second scenario. Might someone signup a userid named
    "Chaos Theory" and people could crunch under that?

And if you, Chaos, are willing you could signup for "Chaos Theory" for two or
    three of the major projects and let people choose the project they want to
    crunch for and use "Chaos Theory" as their userid.

Chaos, if you are willing to do more work why not do a post every so often
    so more peole see it. Talking all about your idea of "Chaos Theory" and
    explaining how it works.

Ray

I had originally conceived the Chaos Theory to let a few people who had pet projects of their own to produce under a large team such as Free-DC without having to let anyone know they are doing it, this I believed allowed anonymity to rule just as a mob runs wild but is made up of individuals but fueled by a few key members.

I do desire Chaos to spread to other projects like a virus but I need to prove the theory first.

and DF seemed the right environment to grow in

I believe it has worth in that the hydras were a great idea to have comps and pieces sent to locations that could assemble and run them (electricity, room and so forth) and send the production to the team under the hydra name that is separate from the personal production of the operator. but the Chaos Theory is the anti hydra in that the producing equipment is spread out and the production goes to the team under a name that is not separate from the operator of the project.

I am however open to sharing the info that started the client so that no one fears the points leaving Free-DC

chaos is a mob and I hope to see it grow in the stats for the project as well as for team Free-DC

Free-DC was chosen for its open minded good nature approach to DC and its tolerance of humor like fozzie and A99 but also for its involvement in a variety of projects in which to spread.

not really an answer MrTRS but an explanation I hope.

if the DF theory works I will be more than happy to spread it around and keep our members apprised of its progress.
    Chaos: the confused unorganized state of primordial matter before the creation of distinct forms

hear that fozzie were the reason for Chaos cause you are funny looking
    Last edited by Anarchy99; 11-30-2003 at 02:35 PM.
    Synonyms: absurd, baked, balmy, bananas, batty, bonkers, cracked, crazed, daft, demented, deranged, dippy, flaky, flipped out, foolish, freaked out, gone ape, idiotic, insane, irrational, kooky, loco, loony, mad, maniac, maniacal, nonsensical, nuts, nutty, preposterous, psyched out, psycho, psychotic, schizoid, screwy, stupid, unhinged, unsound, wacky, whacko, zany

I think a "flying squad" approach is best.

Otherwise, a super-handle needs to be under the control of a long-term member of FreeDC to ensure our structures stay here and don't go walkabout.

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

alright how about this, who is in charge of Free-DC ?

and if I give them the email and password for Chaos Theory they can change them to something else to protect the points for the team and still leave the handle the same, that way the others I have already put on Chaos dont have to change.

Nobody is in charge of FreeDC per se.

I think easiest solution would be to create the account for each proj and email data to each Team's captain.

This is a good idea for being able to rapidly accumulate points for a project without having to create separate accounts for anyone wishing to donate cycles.

Good thinking

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

There is already an anonymous account for DF at the bottom of the 1st message.

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...&threadid=1437

IB, for DF yes. Although I did not know it until you posted.

So for other projects I think it's a good idea to create them.

Then, a single source page link somewhere with the appropriate login data for a "one stop shop" for anyone who needs the info?

I am with you all the way Chaos

monday I change over all I have to Chaos Theory

LET CHAOS REIGN

I will leave one comp on anarchy99

dont A99

I think that the theory has failed to work in its original form

it will continue to produce for the team so watch it grow

Chaos will catch you sooner than you think so keep what you have

and run

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Hmm Chaos nice Idea but hmm wait... apply your theory... and erm a gauntlet theory adn you have gauntlet style anon team accounts :> hmmm intresting
    your right Let the Choas Rain....
    oh and Fozzie, get Back here I wanna rip the stuffing out of you as well...
    Gets out Chainsaw and fires it up... I may not have many boxen but I will have the last say

You can Run but you can't hide.....
    As they say.....
    Heeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeee's Gopher :>
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

/switches 1 boxen

ok Chaos as of 6am central all of the comps i have access to except 1 are running on chaos theory

when you catch me we can fight in the dailies

see ya soon

A99

Exclamation Go for it Chaos et al

You have 30-35 days before I should be free of this burdensome project and have time again to run the pharm.

It's been out with the old

-8 PII 350s and 450s

and in with the new

10 swanky new P4 2.8GHZ

So I should have a wee bit more power when I fire it all up again, just still got the lack of bandwidth to do the upload.

Still should be good.

Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

hey guys and gals am I the only one noticing Chaos Theory rolling in the red

whats he doing about a million a day or so, its only been like two weeks and he started from scratch and is now 37 and moving

I think I like the whole wind off a butterfly wing causing a tsunami in the islands theory myself

kudos to Chaos for the production, I think I will ride this storm right up to the twister that rips fozzies arms off

"auntie M auntie M its a twister its a twister" here it comes you fuzzie rat bear

(chaos is probably feeling too new to talk smack so I thought I would help )

Exclamation Maybe Chaos is also waiting to see

the production he/she/they are up against.

All will become clearer in 2004, or earlier if my inept colleagues at work could get things right first time.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

here is my plea

help me catch that fozzie guy

lend me your week and tired production so that we may amass the power needed to extract the stuffing from that bear (as A99 would put it "rip the arms off the fuzzie rat")

A99 has alerted me to the need to put fozzie back in his studebaker "a bears natural habitat "

A99 has asked me too help end his suffering under the shadow of the bear

so help me pass the fozzie so the lunatic will quit PM'ing me to help him

here is the handle "ndqp2286"

consider a charitable contribution to the therapy that is needed for our resident lunatic

in the end the points are for Free-DC anyway

Chaos

Last edited by Chinasaur; 12-04-2003 at 08:13 AM.