Thread: Current GPU projects?

Question Current GPU projects?

I'm aware of Folding@Home having a GPU client, but are there any other active DC projects that have GPU support as well?

I have an ATI 4870 that I'm looking to keep busy while I crunch other stuff on my quad-core.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    just http://www.gpugrid.net as far as I know.. and that's only nvidia.

They are working on a native BOINC client in conjunction with gpugrid as I've seen some emails on the dev list recently but it's not quite there yet..

Bok

You're more than welcome to fire it up

on F@H but you'll need to have one of your cores to feed it the work.

We could do with some more firepower.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie View Post
    on F@H but you'll need to have one of your cores to feed it the work.

We could do with some more firepower.
    I figured it would need at least 1 core. Once OGR is done, I will fire it up.

Jeff.

Blog Entries

GPU projects on the horizon

Gang,
    From what I hear and what I am slowly working on (both nVidia and Ati) it is my understanding of a number of GPU efforts are underway.
    My work is the infrastructure / underpinnings of a project as we used the technology to drive (on average) 36 GPUs at a time from a single core.
    I won't let you walk away with the assumption the gpu lib is easy to incorporate support for nvidia 6600 & ATI x700 era GPUs up through the current architectures, but my last job was exactly that. MAKING it work. In 'video' terms. 32 bits/pixel, 1536x1280 res/gpu in sync with active 60 hz video refresh rate for each of 9 panels (yes, 4 gpus per panel with shading, texture mapping and all, 'stitched' into 1 block of output data by ASIC per panel) with appropriate hardware sync & clipping as required.
    In a cluster/pharm configuration, 2 x 1 gigabit backbones of UDP (TCP handshakes were too slow) were required as the next block of data was coming before you had time to send a TCP NAK. The old SLI config does help and in Intel P4 single core terms, it requires at least a dedicated 3.2Ghz machine to manage the GPUS and broadcast the data, receiving data on one backbone, broadcasting on the other simultaneously.
    I'm currently updating the lib for the new GPUs (nvidia 9000 and similar). These updates will be made available to existing projects for integration. (several have expressed interest / made requests already). I simply lack the hands and variety of GPUs/OS's to test it all on. My personal pet project will be the first to go beta test.
    I am confident we will see a lot of new GPU assisted projects this coming year. It isn't so much rocket science, it's an art form. Some days go better than others when working on it.
    Any FDC member with sincere questions and or interest in assisting is welcome to contact me.

C.

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<