Thread: Filelist.txt... erased

Question Filelist.txt... erased

Yesterday, after a crash, no one of the over 50 thousand WUs I've generated was resulting in dfGUI... looking into DF Folder I've found that I still have all the BZ2 and VAL files there, but that the filelist.txt was... empty! There's anything I can do to be able to download my points or I've definitively missed all 50thousand points?
    Thnx
    Bye

Check the directory for "filelist.txt.tmp" and if you find this file, simply rename it to filelist.txt.

Also, if you have the directory as it was at the point of the missing filelist, please zip/tar it up and upload it as anonymous to ftp.mshri.on.ca/incoming. If you are able to upload the zipped directory, please notify us by e-mailing trades@mshri.on.ca so we can take a closer look at what happened.
    Elena Garderman

Already had to restart from scratch on four systems, because of filelist.txt being empty, and without system crash. It happened in conjunction with error 910 - when trying to sort it out and see why that error appeared, I found filelist.txt empty. I'm not sure if Howard did something to prevent abuse of scoring system - I lost about 150,000 points in buffered generations, not calculating the time to go through generation 0 ot the points that would have been awarded for higher generations.

It seems that filelist.txt is getting overwritten, so that there is no way of getting it back - if the system crashes, all is lost... You'll have to start from the gen 0 again, unless there is some way to recreate this file.

Originally posted by iggy
    Already had to restart from scratch on four systems, because of filelist.txt being empty, and without system crash. It happened in conjunction with error 910 - when trying to sort it out and see why that error appeared, I found filelist.txt empty. I'm not sure if Howard did something to prevent abuse of scoring system - I lost about 150,000 points in buffered generations, not calculating the time to go through generation 0 ot the points that would have been awarded for higher generations.

It seems that filelist.txt is getting overwritten, so that there is no way of getting it back - if the system crashes, all is lost... You'll have to start from the gen 0 again, unless there is some way to recreate this file.
    I got it once also but i could recreate a Filelist.txt from my dust bin.
    I only had to do a (few) purgelist-1 to get most of my cached files to upload.
    Nofinger
    ...See you at the Windmills!!

Proud Member of The Genome Collective

This is a relatively rare problem that has been reported in the past. Unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce it here, so we cannot provide a fix. If you can provide instructions on how we can reproducd this 'bug', we'd be happy to take a look and fix it.
    Howard Feldman