Thread: SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    POGS has been out of work for a while. I know they said more work was coming but am not sure they are ready. GPU's will do a lot of work quickly. I'm running a combination of GPU and CPU. I should be close to 300K a day now. Maybe just maybe we will catch HP.
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    POGS has been out of work for a while. I know they said more work was coming but am not sure they are ready. GPU's will do a lot of work quickly. I'm running a combination of GPU and CPU. I should be close to 300K a day now. Maybe just maybe we will catch HP.
    We're about 265k behind Team Rivazone. That works out to about an extra 88.5k a day for the next 3 days to catch up. That's just a really rough calculation though. I'm just looking at the totals and figuring out the difference between our teams. I'm not even trying to figure out the averages per day and all that jazz...

Yea I looked at it three days ago and did the calculations. I could have switched more systems over and got us one position higher but it wasn't a guarantee. I also had a few systems picking up pogs that reduced my output. I decided to keep things as they are until it is over. Then switch the CPU's to pogs and OGR and the GPU's to GPUgrid. I'll also be shutting down some of the systems until winter hits.
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Yea I looked at it three days ago and did the calculations. I could have switched more systems over and got us one position higher but it wasn't a guarantee. I also had a few systems picking up pogs that reduced my output. I decided to keep things as they are until it is over. Then switch the CPU's to pogs and OGR and the GPU's to GPUgrid. I'll also be shutting down some of the systems until winter hits.
    This was your baby, you should have gone for it... that was the whole point joining in this. I was just along for the ride. I'm going to let the remaining SETI work run out. Only a day left. I still think the groups were pointless. Seems like the big hitters just joined same winning groups as previous years...