Thread: Borked Filelist

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar

Borked Filelist

Hmm It seems that well I've got one for ya.. seems I accidently started 2 DF clients one for upload and the other ran as normal.. both exited when I closed DF Gui
    but when I went to upload tonight the dang thing Borked on me :| says file for Gen 0 is missing, of course it's missing the 1st 32 gens I uploaded, Im now on Gen 114 and thus Do not want to lose all this work... how can I "fix" filelist.txt so that it won't bork out with a "the filelist.txt has been tampered with please delete and start over again"

Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Unhappy

Make that well borked... hmm god damn it... now I think I will lose 82 Gens :|
    I tried to manual edit it and now I've erm lost the dang back up I made oh god damn it loads of points GONE

Angry

Okay.. this is now NOT Funny... I've reset it... I was uploading lost my net connection briefly. got the message "will try again later". reconnected started to upload and it's now saying "Checksum Error!" This is not funny people... where can I send this data I got 130 Generations waiting to be uploaded... I got 40 uploaded before it borked again... hmmm

Much more of this and Im gonna find me another project to work on or Im going back to Seti

You do not want to lose connection in middle of uploading on this projec t. Seems to be the root of all evil here. If you get this problem you can save client, maybe some one can help you later - but I doubt it. Best to just start a new one.

Fixed it just... gave it a smack or 2 read the error list and went to see if I could find what was missing "hmm I wish the 'ERROR' messages would be a bit more obvious " rarther than have to look at the end of the error log, Only lost 1 gen it was a low number one so not many points lost I hope...

Can you please post the full error message you received? I cannot fix problems with incomplete bug reports. So you lost connection in mid-upload of a file and a that point it said 'will try again later' and then you got a checksum error of some kind next time you tried to upload, is that correct?
    Howard Feldman