Thread: Motorcycle Insurance Rates - Seeking Info

Motorcycle Insurance Rates - Seeking Info

Yo my squidly brethern...I'm looking at changing insurance co's and am seeking feedback on who you use, what coverage you carry and your annual/bi-annual bill.

Anyone care to praise/warn off on a particular company?

TIA

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

1998 Gold Wing

Allstate, $25/50 PL + PD, $5000 medical on Passenger only, Fire, theft and Comp $250 deductible, Collision $500 deductible

$225 every 6 months

San Jose, CA.

2000 Ducati 996

State Farm $22.00 per month with $50.00 deductible across the board. This includes road hazard, towing, $5000.00 passenger medical (even though I cannot carry a passenger. it is as low as they go) theft, fire, etc. However, State farm does not just insure motorcycles. They do it as a courtesy to their existing customers. I have also had two claims with them on my last motorcycle and they both went really fast and easy. I submitted the estimates and within 2 days I had a check for the entire amount.

Also, I would steer clear of Progressive. They aren't that much cheaper and if you do have a claim they really gouge you. I personally had this happen once and swore I would never do business with them again. Then about a year ago when a friend crashed his 996s they gouged him pretty badly, too.

2001 Triumph TT 600

$16.50 per month with same coverages but deductible is now $100.00. (they changed their deductible policy but my Duc was grandfathered in)

Hope this helps.
    Life is tough. But, it's harder when you're stupid.

1986 Yamaha TT600
    strictly liability
    $21 / year with American Family
    I welded some footpegs on for a passenger.

Motorcycle: 1998 Harley-Davidson XL 1200 Sportster

Bodily Injury / Property Damage / Guest Passenger
    $500,000 Combined Single Limit (CSL)

Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury
    $50,000 person/$100,000 accident

Medical Payments
    $10,000/person

Medical Benefits
    No coverage

Comprehensive
    $500 deductible

Collision
    $250 deductible

Custom Parts and Equipment

Roadside Assistance
    selected

$293.00/year with Progressive Insurance

Stan
    US-Distributed

Thanks peeps...good info to check into.

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."