Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick it Up!

Well I can set us up on a perminent host (can't run the client, but we shouldn't need to) where we could locate the script and of course test results.txt/results.dat files to use to test the script. If you need access to a full blow DPAD client when developing I could temporarily set it up on one of my linux boxes for development. It's up to you, let me know and I'll get it done today some time.
    Warning this Post is Rated "M" for Mature

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape drive somewhere.

No need for the client.

There are three scripts total. DPAD.php (main page), upload.php and download.php. It also uses a directory called /uploads/ for temp files and holding the server side strain.

All we would have to do is upload the scripts, make the directory, and let it run. Mine is running on windows, but I dont see why it shouldnt work on linux (thats how i develop for my other clients. Dev on my windows box and upload to permanent linux box.)

My email is zach@tong-web.com

As for future developement, I can do the testing on my computer before uploading, so I can make sure it works.

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar
    excalibur: here is the new feature for 4.33:

in config.txt:
    Download sample results file after a number of days (0=don't): 0
    Sample file URL: http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/sample100.txt

That means we could have computers that download new sample files every x days. Along with a sample file, we could have a file with all new results in the last x days (3 or 4?). We could update daily both of the files. That would allow the people who want to download the new results every few days could do so automatically, making the process easier.

Now all we need is the reverse, a time where it will upload all results.dat entries every x days.........

magnav0x, you can use the stats server for anything you need.

Originally posted by magnav0x
    Well I can set us up on a perminent host (can't run the client, but we shouldn't need to) where we could locate the script and of course test results.txt/results.dat files to use to test the script. If you need access to a full blow DPAD client when developing I could temporarily set it up on one of my linux boxes for development. It's up to you, let me know and I'll get it done today some time.

Yup, I'll add the autogeneneration of a results.dat file today.

I have v4.33, just didnt realize he had added that feature.

Done.

Its located at http://intheory.ath.cx/uploads/resultall.dat

The file time is checked whenever anyone visits the front page. If older than 20 minutes, a new one is generated.

When you upload, its automatically generated regardless. So it should stay up to date.

I put it into my config. If you expierence any problems, let me know.

well, i just got a 1.99% (along with a 1.96%) one. I'll upload it when I get back from leading the youth group meeting.

magicfan241

Great!

Hold off though, Im running into some database troubles (corruption somewhere in the results.dat, resulting in a messed up database structure.) Dont think it affects the client any, as the data is displayed the same, but it messes up what is stored in each db cell.

Should be fixed (hopefully) soon.

Fixed, or at least it seems to be. I'll be keeping a close eye on it for reoccurences

EDIT:

Scratch that. Seems Im running into the same problem again.
    Last edited by excaliber; 12-14-2003 at 07:56 PM.

Think I got it sorted out this time.

Unfortunately, my results.dat both server and client side was corrupted beyond repair. If any have a fresh results.dat that you HAVE NOT downloaded from the team strain, please upload it. If you do have a .dat that you got directly from the team strain, PLEASE dispose of it. It is more than likely corrupted and useless.

Sorry for the inconvience. Hopefully Im the only one affected.

Good job on getting the kinks out. I just uploaded what SolenoidTo15cm results I had.

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

I've been running 2 clients using that zip file you posted at the beginning of this thread. Are those good? If so I'll upload them tomorrow morning.

Yes, the zip from the beginning of the thread is good. It was before i started doing any of this, and thus are clean.

I've tried to upload my results.dat file a couple of times now to Excaliber's site.

At the end of the upload, does the web screen just go to blank white, with no confirmation of successful upload?

The file I'm uploading is a 4.32f client file, with over 2000 results in it, and yield averages ranging from 0.000 to 3.377. After the upload, Excaliber's site still says only 1432 entries in the database, and the best average is 1.955. So, I have some doubts as to whether my file is getting there at all.

willy1

I checked the db, and no, your results arent in there.

I uploaded my latest .dat, and it seemed to get in ok. After uploading, give it a minute or so. Its compiling the resultAll.dat for use by people that have v4.33 and want to auto-download a sample file. This is causing it to apear like nothing is happening, but it is.

I plan to move this script elsewhere so it doesnt affect performance. I'll check back up on it when i get home.

And since your .dat is very large, it might take some extra time. Give it a couple minutes, it worked fine for me.

Thanks again!

It will give a confirmation when it's completed uploading successfully.

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

OK, I uploaded the first of my files fine, but the second one showed "uploaded successfully" followed by this message:
    "Cannot write to file (./archive/resultALL(12.15.03)(07.36.40).dat)"

did I break it?

ruro, guess we'll find out when exaliber starts yelling

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

As long as I'm breaking stuff, I thought I'd try the download functions.
    The "Download all results" just goes to a blank page, and the "Download X results"
    seems to produce a file w/o the linebreaks after the <Solenoids to 15 cm> field.

/me goes off to hide before excaliber gets here

*sigh*

I, quite frankly, have no idea why this is happening.

I flushed the database clean and uploaded my own results.dat, and found more problems.

I checked out my results.dat, and this is why errors are being caused:

1.901878 (62.4 Mpts) [v4.33] {063FC054} <SolenoidsTo15cm>
    tantalumrodz=293;tantalumrodr=.......#gen=1;
    #gen=0;tantalumrodz=.......#runs=5;
    0.019028 (35.5 Mpts) [v4.33] {DF85E464} <SolenoidsTo15cm>
    This happens in a few places. Lines of data are given multiple times in a row without their corresponding <SolenoidsTo15cm>. Which is messing up my database stuff, as they are stored not by content but by what line they are on.

Everything is exploded (php function for splitting a string into an array) by character 13 followed by character 10 (Carriage return line feed), but the irregularities of the results.dat being uploaded is messing it up.

I uploaded a results.txt, and it works just fine. No problems whatsoever.

So, heres my conclusion. We wait for Stephen's response at the forum (I asked about the irregularities, and alternatives to fixing it) or we scrap the progress made so far and start over with brand new fresh .dat's.

As to the writing to file errors, I know why that happened. After uploading, it copies the archived results.dat over to another archive (and timestamped) file, then deletes the results.dat so it can fill it with the new information.

If the script times out or is quit pre-maturely, it cannot finish writing to the results.dat, and leaves it as a 0kb file. Next time around, there is nothing to write to the timestamped archive file, and so it errors.

I'll look into getting a cron script (for windows...anysuch thing?) going. If it detects that the results.dat file is a 0kb file, it will fill it.

Ok, I was able to roll back to an earlier db that contains a few high numbers, and no errors.

My request. If you plan on uploading your results.dat, and you have previously downloaded from here, SCRAP YOUR RESULTS.DAT AND USE THIS ONE FROM ONLINE!

If you have not downloaded from the site ever, or messed with your results.dat manually, you should be fine to upload.

Then, if errors persist, then we know its not my fault but fault of the client itself (formatting the results.dat incorrectly)

I have taken a quick look at my results.dat files-- it looks as if the "#gen=x" strings
    didn't start showing up until the results from ver4.33 started coming in. Maybe some formatting was changed between 4.33 and the older versions?

Yes, I've thought of those as well. Apparently, in v4.33, if it is gen 0, it is placed at the front instead of the end.

A member at the forum said it was more than likely there was an error in one of our results.dat somewhere (usually caused by manual editing and notepad, which adds newlines wherever it feels like it).

He runs http://stephan202.qik.nl

He said tommorow he could show me some code that does a quick check for bad files, so it doesnt add bad data.

Personally, I have a hunch how this started. The upload has always worked. The download at one point was faulty, and forgot to place needed character 10 (linefeed) after the carriage return. My guess is that a few of these survived and were still hiding in one of our results.dat, and when it was uploaded it was passed to all of us.

So, by clearing everything out and starting again, I hope to not get this again. Under no circumstances, edit (or open) the file in Notepad. Only BAD things will happen

excaliber: check out this thread--
    http://stephenbrooks.org/6/ubb.x?a=t...143#5646052143
    on the DPAD site.
    The file utility described may be of use in cleaning up corrupted results.dat files--
    I just ran a test pass at one of my files, and the output looks good from just a quick scan.

Nice utility. It seemed to work fine.

Unfortunately, Im running into non-db problems. Any request over about 1200 requests doesnt seem to return anything.

I dont have time to fix/maintain the script, so Im going to transfer it over to magnav0x.

After school calms down, I can help maintain it again.

I'll transfer sometime this week.

ok, whenever we get this working again, I have a 2.29% transfer file waiting.

I'll attach my latest results, in the results.txt format. There are 5 or 6 2+% result files in there.

Have fun.

How high have other people gotten under the team strain?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think 3 of my 4 boxes are over 2% now... the 4th is lagging along at about 1.8%

==>#4

Well, you can go ahead and upload them. The uploading part works fine, and is flawless (assuming you DID NOT MANUALLY EDIT YOUR .DAT INCORRECTLY), its just the downloading that seems to be timing out for whatever reason (i've checked php.ini, apache conf's, and the mysql stuff. everything looks fine)

I've hit 2.201148% so far. so far

OK- what gives?

I just tried uploading my results.dat file again - at least 4 or 5 times.

Never got an "upload successful" message of any kind. This file is now about 2500 results, and best yield of 3.44%, all from one client - no sample files ever merged into it.

A couple of times I got "page not found" for the upload.php page, and the ones that didn't error out took a while for the IE load bar to move across, the dsl was going full tilt (640k), but it finally just gave the blank white page with a 'Done' message in the browser status bar.

<sigh>

^%@$#$@#$!@#$$##^*^$@

Ok, Im retireing from the script for a while. I'll upload it to magnav0x today when i get home, hopefully its just my computer.

I'm guessing it has to do with apache being installed on windows. Whenever I try to download anything, Apache goes full blast on the CPU for a bout a minute. Which is not needed for the simple routines its doing.

Hope Magnav0x has better luck than me. I'll still continue to add things to it, just not host it.

Thanks for the effort! At least it got people talking about MUON !

I'll just keep on crunching my own strains.

Lol. Indeed. Hope we can figure this out soon!

FTP the scripts and database dump whenever you like exaliber and I'll get everything dumped in to go. I can do some work on the script now and then between work. Hopefully we can get all the kinks worked out so we can have a results.dat file that the team can auto download with the 4.33 client.

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

Sorry, I've been sick the last day or so. I'll upload it tonight, I need to go lay down before I pass out though.

Magnov0x: The DB structure has changed slightly, i'll upload a script to fix it as well.

Sorry to hear you are sick I too was realy sick yesterday. Seems this will be a looong winter Second time I've been sick this month already.

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

Yea, it sucks.

I uploaded the scripts, as well as two exports of the DB (one is gzipped, the other zipped. Not sure which one you would need, if your on linux or not.)

here is another of my result.txt files. This one has a 2.8% results, and several over 2.5%!

If you want it, here it is!

magicfan241

Nice readme.txt file

Holy Shit I'm stupid. I'll get to that copmuter in a hour or so, and put up the RESULT.txt file!

DAmn it!

Here is the REAL results.txt file!!

Well, I hope.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast