Thread: Old Stats Issues 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My first post, so Hello all.

Is there a possibility to delete record of my participate in project MilestoneRSA? Is this feasible in easy way?
    My profile is here: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...a841880d5e2a56

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toms83 View Post
    My first post, so Hello all.

Is there a possibility to delete record of my participate in project MilestoneRSA? Is this feasible in easy way?
    My profile is here: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...a841880d5e2a56
    Technically yes and as the stats aren't exporting any longer it would be permanent, but why?

It would 'corrupt' the whole stats so I would need a very good reason in order to delete what is public data for one user (I'm assuming you just don't want to be affiliated with that particular project any longer).

And if I did do it, then it just opens the door for others to request the same so I'm inclined not to right now.

What I might consider is hiding or otherwise obscuring the data so it's no longer linked to you though.

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Technically yes and as the stats aren't exporting any longer it would be permanent, but why?
    Project is dead from around 2 years.

It would 'corrupt' the whole stats so I would need a very good reason in order to delete what is public data for one user (I'm assuming you just don't want to be affiliated with that particular project any longer).
    Your assumption is right. Moreover, that record ( 4 670 ) imo is pointless to have in stats. It's dosen't saying anything, only corrupts rest of stats, visually. Yea, call me crazy, but i would like to have clear stats, with nice checkpoint and not with those "1 point accidental projects participation". This project died from day to day, so i didn't have time to "escape" from it. Don't know if that is good reason for You.

And if I did do it, then it just opens the door for others to request the same so I'm inclined not to right now.
    Ofc, no problem.

What I might consider is hiding or otherwise obscuring the data so it's no longer linked to you though.

Bok
    I'm using only Free-Dc stats for boinc ( imo best manage and best looking stats site ) so only signature from it is what interesing me. If this can be made without many troubles, I would be happy. If not, no problem, I survive.

---- Edit ----

I have a second account in boinc, where I have all this kind of projects ( ended without points level ). Maybe moving this from one to another would be easier option. Just a thought.

Blog Entries
    let me know what the other account is and I'll change the CPID for RSAMilstone for you to that one, that will stop it showing anywhere else.

Blog Entries
    Done..

Thank you again.