k=5359 is DONE!

Check out our announcement at http://www.seventeenorbust.com/

5359*2^5054502 + 1 is prime.

The prime was reported several days ago and we have just completed a full proth test to prove the number's primality.

We have not been assigning new tests for k=5359 from the site since the day after we discovered the new prime while we waited for the verification. I kind of expected to see someone on the forum notice this and start rumors but if anyone noticed, you didn't say anything publically.

The problem with next.txt was related to this. Mike - It has been fixed for awhile if you want to use it again otherwise you can just use the extended range stats.

Speaking of which...

Sievers: Now you only have to sieve 11 k's instead of 12! I haven't made a new .dat file yet. If MikeH can put a new one on his site, that would be good. Also, when you make a new DAT file, please make only one that does BOTH 300k - 3M and 3M-20M (dual). Then if the people who are updating the sieve threads could lock the old reservation pages, and make one, unified page that has a link to the single DAT file, and tells people to update for the switchover to 11k, that would be great. Awhile ago, there was talk of updating to a DAT file with 1M - 20M. That might be wise considering that all the numbers n < 1M have been double checked with SB. There should probably be some discussion on the sieving forum before you proceed so that everyone can decide what's best. I'm just advocating that we make a single sieve to avoid having to post two messages to reserve ranges going forward.

Also, I am not going to stop people from submitting factors for k=5359 (at least for awhile) but I think the sieve stats should stop giving credit to those factors in a few days.

Factorers: Those of you running the P-1 factorer can do whatever you want to modify the dat files. Just make sure to remove k=5359 so you don't spend time checking those values anymore.

Anyway, good job everyone! All our participants hard work continues to make SB a success. 6 down, 11 to go! If you haven't yet, go checkout the main announcement for details about the discovery at www.seventeenorbust.com

Cheers,
Louie