Thread: client stops for changeover

client stops for changeover

========================[ Dec 18, 2003 11:01 AM ]========================
    Starting foldtrajlite built Dec 12 2003
    Thu Dec 18 11:01:32 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1601} SOCK#1000[1904]: [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed pending connect() to 38.112.109.80:80 (Unknown) {errno=10060,Operation timed out}
    Thu Dec 18 11:01:32 2003 ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 877} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to www.distributedfolding.org:80 failed: Unknown

main server is down for changeover, try again later.

WHY DOES THIS STOP THE CLIENT?

When there are other server problems client keeps running and buffers work.

Pain in the

this did not happen on all my boxes, just the ones i foolishly stopped and restarted during changeover. still, why can't the client just keep running until it gets a connection?

the ones that are stopped can be made to run by disabling net access, but that gets old. too much bother.

As you have found out, when the server is reachable but down stops the folding only when you originally start the client. If you do have to restart a client during this time instead of turning net access off, which you have to change back later, you can unplug the internet connection and then plug it back in after the folding starts. It's not elegant, but you don't have to mess with the machine later.

Welnic's right. It treats the different exception conditions differently. Dunno why...
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.