Thread: Update delayed

Update delayed

Due to some technical difficulties we are having, the update will occur between 1:00-3:00 pm EST this Thursday afternoon.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Elena Garderman

Thanks for the update Your Lizardness

Suits me fine, gives me time to upload before all hell breaks loose.

Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Is this going to happen today? It's after 3.00PM EST
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Re: Update delayed

Originally posted by Stardragon
    Due to some technical difficulties we are having, the update will occur between 1:00-3:00 pm EST this Thursday afternoon.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Any updated ETA on the delay yet?

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Yeah an update would be nice for us brits who are not gonna be on-line or only dump every other day.. a link would be nice (somewhere)
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Electric fence operator

Nothing yet

I just put one of my (non-beta) clients online to perform a small dump and check. No update to the client. This was at 6:40 PM EST, convert as you wish. Also, I've noticed that the News page of the Blueprint site is down, presumably for an update of its own. The Download and other areas seem to be in fine order and accessible, but not the News page. Perhaps I shall wait until that page comes back around before trying my next update check.

willy1 -- Sorry if I'm taking up valuable space on the forums, in your opinion. I thought this thread was about the update, and since it was nearly 4 hours after the proposed deadline (and the post above was from someone who runs the client offline), I thought I'd do a check and report back for the sake of the community (especially those who run offline and may have just gotten home from work). I chose to provide a bit of current information (since we had an information vacuum). Was that so wrong? Secondarily, the Blueprint reference was in regards to one person's impressions (posted here earlier) relating the Download page's status to the status of the update. In short, everything I mentioned was in regards to the update, or lack thereof. I didn't realize I was so off-topic, my deepest apologies.
    Last edited by Anteraan; 12-18-2003 at 07:31 PM.

Ant,

Another post was added about a telescope that has since been deleted along with a few other posts about it. He wasn't talking about you.

Deleting posts? Hmm...
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Electric fence operator
    Ah, ok then. I came back to the thread and saw his post directly below mine, and another post under that one that appeared (to me) to agree with his. That explains it, just a misunderstanding. Thanks for taking the moment to explain, Chinasaur. I thought perhaps some people were just getting antsy and frustrated waiting for the update.

Ooops -

Sorry dude - not directed at you.

Someone posted a book about some space telescope or something...

didn't seem to have any connection with protein folding

I moved that post to the Lobby, being off topic, then deleted the next two posts directed towards it as being off topic.

OK

So has the update occurred?

My proxies show no new files and removing the foldtraj_fileserver.cfg does not seem to pull an update from distributedfolding.

Am I broken or has the update been rescheduled again??

it didn't happen and "they" didn't update us as to what is going on before quitting for the day :|punch|:
    Use the right tool for the right job!

Anybody have any ideas on when it will happen now?

I just hope it's not tomorrow as it will be Saturday here and some of my PCs aren't accessible over the weekend should there be a problem. I've also got some no-netting so they could startup this morning (Friday) after they halted when the update server wasn't available etc.

With a bit of luck the changeover will be Monday in Canada (Tuesday here). That will at least give us a day before the holiday break to sort out any teething problems that may occur.

Not impressed with the communication that has occured

Crunching for OCAU

EDIT: Opp's... my mistake....
    Last edited by Rebels Haven; 12-19-2003 at 08:39 AM.
    Too many computers, too little time......

Fear not our buddies in MountieLand

check the forums every day so are aware of our concerns.

Maybe they are having bigger problems than they thought.

Even if that is the case a wee post to say sorry and another ETA would be professional.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Originally posted by Rebels Haven
    I ask for a link to "distribfold-update.exe" and you delete my post....?
    You posted that request in another thread.

Check a couple down the list
    Crunching for OCAU

Opp's....
    Too many computers, too little time......

Pretty sad

The news was finally put up that the update is postponed. What is sad about this is that the administration actually put yesterdays date on the notice. Presumably to make themselves look better for not notifying us yesterday. How ridiculous can they get.

After a long wait, it seems that the update time is here. I already have one system running new client version...

Re: Pretty sad

Originally posted by dbuske
    The news was finally put up that the update is postponed. What is sad about this is that the administration actually put yesterdays date on the notice. Presumably to make themselves look better for not notifying us yesterday. How ridiculous can they get.
    What is sad is that you find that surprising.... Things just are not like they used to be around here anymore.

What is sad is that you obviously didn't read the message or you would understand why it was a day behind.
    Howard Feldman