Thread: New client failes on Linux.

Unhappy New client failes on Linux.

I guess my Mandrake 9.2 Beta RC computers finally updated last night some time. For the were running last night but now they have both failed. I've tried configuring and starting them manually with at the command prompt and this is what I recieve:

Code:
    ./foldtrajlite: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Looking into my error log, there are no entries made at the time of the crash.

I wonder if a simlink is needed for this file. Any suggestions?
    THE SPANKIN' PARTY
    Crunchin for
    Barbarian Frogs

Yeah, try this:

ln -s /usr/lib/libncurses.so /usr/lib/libncurses.so.4

I don't have a Mandrake 9.2 box, so I'm just guessing, but that will work on Red Hat 9. At any rate, if it doesn't, then do this:

ls -l /usr/lib/libncurses*

and see what that most recent library is (the one that isn't a link to something else, probably libncurses.so.5.3), and make a link to it called libncurses.so.4 like this:

ln -s /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.3 /usr/lib/libncurses.so.4

EDIT: It looks like Mandrake has them under /lib, so you'd want to use /lib instead of /usr/lib in the examples.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Thanks, got them running. I was using the File Find under KDE and wasn't able to find any of the libraries to link to. But using locate libcurses.so I was able to find them and create the links.

-Look out top 50, here it come!
    THE SPANKIN' PARTY
    Crunchin for
    Barbarian Frogs

It appears this happened to people running the beta client? If you were running the beta Linux client, it will auto-update to the 'gcc' version, not the 'icc' version. If you were previously running the 'icc' version and wish to continue to do so, please download the full package from the web site. I did not release both flavors of compiler for the test compiler, only gcc. Hope this helps.
    Howard Feldman

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    It appears this happened to people running the beta client? If you were running the beta Linux client, it will auto-update to the 'gcc' version, not the 'icc' version. If you were previously running the 'icc' version and wish to continue to do so, please download the full package from the web site. I did not release both flavors of compiler for the test compiler, only gcc. Hope this helps.
    How can I tell which client I am running?