Thread: points smoints

points smoints

has anyone noticed how low the RMSD has gotten.. quickly?
    [ or is the protein easier ?? dont think it would be, if the purpose is to check algorythm and procedural stuff ]

" All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."-
    Edmund Burke

" Crunch Away! But, play nice .."

--RagingSteveK's mom

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    I cannot recall what the lowest was before the update, but we must be getting close already. This Client seems to like having a good think at certain points of the calculations, seems to have improved its IQ level
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

it is the same protein
    Use the right tool for the right job!

The previous protein was 8.80, which took about a month to reach. I believe it took a couple weeks just for it to go below 10.0 The new algorithm hit 8.87 after ~24 hours.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Ah, thanks, glad someone is keeping score
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

bguinto1 had the 8.80A score from the last client - and we're already at 8.67A. This is the same protein we've used with other clients (so we can compare the results of the clients and see how much better/faster they produce results.)
    After all that time with the last client, I got down to 10.662A, and I'm at 10.264A now. And while not impressive, hopefully we'll get a lot closer to the 2-4A range which evidently make our results "useful".

FeedB0B0's suggestions seemed to really have made a difference. Thanks!
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...

Just for comparison we got 6.53 by pure random sampling, so we've still got a ways to go.. Of course the obvious difference here is we have a complete folding pathway movie, not just a single static structure.
    Howard Feldman

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    We seem to have hit a brick wall at 8.67

We have 1349 Active from over 27,000 Registered

I wonder how many CPUs are actually running, probably over 10,000 at a guess. Looks like we will have to wait for a freak RMSD to drop out of nowhere

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    Just for comparison we got 6.53 by pure random sampling, so we've still got a ways to go.. Of course the obvious difference here is we have a complete folding pathway movie, not just a single static structure.
    How was this sampling taken?
    Folding 24/7 for a cause
    www.hardCOREware.net
    HCW DF Team!

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Looks like the Hungary Team proved me wrong 8.36, well done hega

Is there any trick to it, or does it "just happen" Ive noticed its usually the same peeps with the lowest RMS. Power of their rigs er something

The more sand ya sift, the more goodies ya likely to uncover.

They are usually, but not always, the highest producers.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Yes, there is :-) I want to sell that good old machine. But now... just keep folding