Thread: faster with lot of RAM ?

faster with lot of RAM ?

hi guys, long time didnt come on this forum, been very busy.
    it's school seeing more activity here

i've a question: if i got a lot more RAM than before, is there any option to my client going faster ? i had only 128 mb and now i've 640mb and like im just using my ram for zend, maybe i can set an option to be faster. i know distributedfolding client requires a lot of CPU, i've an AMD XP 2400+ and that cpu is already used at 100%

so tell me if anyone have any suggestions to fold proteins faster.

maybe a suggestion to howard: that would be great to got a client requires a lot of ram, like at 512 mb for the client.

p.s. i already set the options requires upto 150 mb of ram.

Thanks guys and later.

Hi junky,

If you already set the option to use up to 150MB of RAM that is the fastest you are going to get.

oky digital, thanks.

after ECC2-109, i'm gonna be here for sure.

im reading more, cause i wanna help with some maintenance of any distributed computing project.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    The Extra ram option means that the Protein is stored in ram when Folded, rather than being swapped to disk, the bigger the protein the more needed. We had some proteins that took 140 MB when running, others 60 MB..more ram always will help
    The big ones cause problems for those with 256 MB and onboard video, it got down to only a meg or 2 to spare
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.