Thread: New client = amazing

New client = amazing

The new client works great almost doubles the speed on my machine, p4 2.8.

Why were the SSE2 instructions disabled on the last client?

Another question, the client runs only using 50% of CPU recources, is that due to hyperthreading? Can I take advantage of 100% of CPU resources during idle state if I want to?

Hater of webboards

Re: New client = amazing

Originally posted by Veramocor
    Why were the SSE2 instructions disabled on the last client?
    Because of an error making it impossible to test n's larger than 4980000.

Another question, the client runs only using 50% of CPU recources, is that due to hyperthreading? Can I take advantage of 100% of CPU resources during idle state if I want to?
    Yes, hyperthreading is (almost) like having two CPU's, and the client only runs on one. On a real SMP system running Linux I just started two instances in seperate directories. For windows the service installer should be able to do it for you.

new client= unamazing on Opteron 240's, my cem/s was cut in half!! What happened?

That would depend somewhat on the testyou were running. If you had been running a secret test and then ran a regular tet the Cem/s ratio would have little meaning. Another explanation is we may have reached a FFT transform barrier which wold result in a appeared drop in Cem/s

Originally posted by Opteron Me
    new client= unamazing on Opteron 240's, my cem/s was cut in half!! What happened?
    Hmm.. Does it detect the CPU properly? (Look at your logfile)

i don't know about before(when it ran better) but now it detects it as the Opteron 240, so that's just weird

What does alien mean 1.2.1 is broken? What is wrong with it?

Originally posted by Keroberts1
    What does alien mean 1.2.1 is broken? What is wrong with it?

Heh, well, 1.2.1 had a bugfix that was supposed to fix some things but it introduced a major bug (of not being able to connect to the server)..

oh well i guess i hadn't encountered that yet. Will it stil produce valid progress on a test? Hence can it be used in the mean time until a fix comes out.

Maybe I'm not even usingthat one i have 1.2.0 is there another on i can't find. It isn't on the downloads page.

Originally posted by Keroberts1
    oh well i guess i hadn't encountered that yet. Will it stil produce valid progress on a test? Hence can it be used in the mean time until a fix comes out.

Maybe I'm not even usingthat one i have 1.2.0 is there another on i can't find. It isn't on the downloads page.
    If you are using 1.2.0 then you are fine, we pulled the download links to 1.2.1 because it is too broken to use.

Originally posted by Opteron Me
    And here's why:
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9278

Cool Client version 1.2.1

Well after a day of about the linux client at the d/l site........ I did finally decided to read up on this problem. Today I found version 1.2.1 ..........d/l and installed it on mandrake 9.2 installed in an antique amd k6 box. IT works all went exactly right with me just adding my handle. Lets hope for the best on reporting.

By the way hello all.

rel279 aka Rick_E

Spoke to Soon

After pefect install and CONNECTION to server on start up ............allas cannot conect to server.....DOH......whats up? This seems to be on the sever side not the client it is doing what it is suposed to......if this is an onrunning program with importance I would look into BOINC.

Goodwill to All

Don't use 1.2.1, it's broken. See this thread:

<http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...ighlight=1.2.1>

Where from can I get working client for windows? The one which is located in downloads cannot be installed. The only file which appears after installation is uninst.exe. Also one of the download links is broken.

It works fine for me. Be careful. The client will always be installed in C:\
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows

Question

Originally posted by [DPC]Mobster
    It works fine for me. Be careful. The client will always be installed in C:\
    ???

I have no client installed in c:\. I can install the client on every drive and folder I want.

hrm yeah, i'll have louie fix that

Okay that's fixed, grab the new build on the download page.