Thread: Happy New Year, Free-DC!!!

Electric fence operator

Thumbs up Happy New Year, Free-DC!!!

By now, the new year is being celebrated across the US, and you mates across the pond are likely well into your hangover, so I wanted to take a minute and wish everyone a happy, prosperous new year. This seems like a good group of people (or perhaps its just the Long Islands), so I have started off 2004 by joining up.

Actually, I've been reading the "official" and the other Free-DC forums for a few weeks now, and I have to say that you people seem to be your own best recruiting tool -- well, with the exception of Fozzie's updates, which are really top-notch. There are definitely some personalities around here, let me put it that way (yes, A99, I'm talking about you, among others). That said, I'll definitely be comfortable here.

For now my boxen are few, with only a 2000+ and my old Duron 700 in action for DF at the moment. However, there may be some borging in my future, as I learn the finer points from you all. The other good news is that I should have a new 2500+ system up in a week or so, and (thanks to the forums here), I'm working a deal to upgrade the 2000+ to a 2500+. Hopefully that's enough to RK a few on my way to the top 30 or so.

To 2004, to Free-DC, and to sticking it to those darn Arsians!
    Drink up, lads and lasses!

Talking Welcome aboard matey

Any questions you have about DF or any other DC projects I am sure someone will have the answer.

Happy New Year to all you Colonials.

Lets seee if we can reach the half billion barrier in our lead over Ars.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

Colonials?!?!?!?

Not since you all wore R E D and marched in straight lines! LOL

Happy New Year to you Euro's as well

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Welcome aboard, Anteraan and all other new members!

Anteraan mentioned the magic word "borg", so I thought I'd briefly resurrect this thread for your consideration. Just be sure you get permission, whatever boxen you take over! Most people don't mind helping out, if properly enlightened and politely asked, as long as there's minimum hassle involved on their parts. Now get out there & borg them boxen!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

hi

Use the right tool for the right job!

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar
    Happy New Year to you all.

Well, Between the 3 of us, we finished 2 botgtles of champagne....in about an hour (even if I am not supposed to have any alcohol, damn US rules)

magicfan241
    /me takes advil

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Welcome Aboard Anteraan (who acording to the uber stats god Dyyryath - http://stats.zerothelement.com/cgi-b...sers.pl?team=5
    your in 53rd but will make get this 1st by next week lmao

Hmm All I have to say is wonder how like it will be before Someone Below you Rolls over you... oh and beware of A99 he is I tell ya...

Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Electric fence operator
    Originally posted by gopher_yarrowzoo
    Welcome Aboard Anteraan (who acording to the uber stats god Dyyryath - http://stats.zerothelement.com/cgi-b...sers.pl?team=5
    your in 53rd but will make get this 1st by next week lmao
    I must be mis-reading something then, or something is seriously amiss. :P

Hmm All I have to say is wonder how like it will be before Someone Below you Rolls over you...
    Soon enough, I'm sure. In fact, whenever it happens, it will be too soon. :P In fact, if rofn can come up with a good , my first move will be down!

oh and beware of A99 he is I tell ya...
    If memory serves, he is from South Dakota. Having lived there for four years myself, I understand what that can do to a person.

Blog Entries
    Happy New Year to all of you and welcome to our new member.

I take it that no one has pointed you to IBs virtual Help yourself. I spent some time baking today, and the goods are in the pantry right next to it.

For all of you on Free-DC. Thanks for making me feel welcome. The new year will bring challenges to us all, for myself, it's a start of a brand new life.

Keep crunching...and more importantly, stay healthy, happy and safe and KEEP ON CRUNCHING!!!!

I would also like to take this opportunity, to extend a special thanks to Dyy, for making these forums, the stats, and many other things available to all of us. Your unfailing effort has provided this team, and it's visitors, a place to come and share all things, DC, computer or anything else that comes up.

Happy New Year "all y'all!!!"

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

cant stop buying hardware... rofn's Avatar
    First of all, welcome aboard

Originally posted by Anteraan
    In fact, if rofn can come up with a good , my first move will be down!
    Well, in matter of fact, i added a p4 2ghz to my crunchers so now i'm hitting a bit more points...but the difference between us is small so we'll see who will win the race to top 50 or on the first page of dyyryath's stats
    Perhaps i'm able to convince my dad to run df on his xp2500 & xp1700...
    also i need more ram in my xp2000 box...

anyway...
    it's nice to have you onboard, even if you stole my 53rd place for me it's always good to have a bit competition in the stats to do more work :sleepy:

happy crunching and now lets move up to the top 50
    rofn

Blog Entries
    It's nice to see another Free-DC cruncher from Austria
    rofn

Happy New Year everyone!
    the-mk

cant stop buying hardware... rofn's Avatar
    Originally posted by the-mk
    It's nice to see another Free-DC cruncher from Austria
    rofn

Happy New Year everyone!