Thread: I'm confused about the scoring...

I'm confused about the scoring...

I already discussed this with Jeff in this thread but I still need the answer from Howard or somebody else from the project.

Is it true that
    Gen0 = 100 pts
    Gen1 = 100 pts
    Gen2 = 141 pts
    Gen3 = 173 pts
    etc.

And if this is the case will dfGUI give correct scoring numbers when I change the #Structures per Generation from 050 to 100?

TIA
    Proud member of the Dutch Power Cows

Is it true that
    Gen0 = 100 pts
    Gen1 = 100 pts
    Gen2 = 141 pts
    Gen3 = 173 pts
    etc.
    Yes.

And if this is the case will dfGUI give correct scoring numbers when I change the #Structures per Generation from 050 to 100?
    Yes, for all generations AFTER the chnage. If you want to check DFGui stats against DF ones - at least from the moment you started "altered DFGui", you'll need to start from set 0, otherwise the points will be calculated according to the new scoring and number of sets completed.

DFGui does not clear stats when new protein starts, but it is not its mistake - DF client just adds 1 to the number of sets completed during changeover instead of resetting it to 0... Minor nuisance.

The best way to check your stats is looking into buffered gens points, if you're buffering, and compare that against DF stats after upload. I can assure you that they are same
    Last edited by iggy; 01-05-2004 at 10:12 AM.