Thread: Got snow??

Got snow??

Anyone out there snowed in yet? We have been hit pretty hard here today and is not supposed to stop until Saturday night. The city snowplows are not running since they just voted down a bond to pay the drivers any overtime so we wont get plowed until midnight. Makes it pretty hairy to get around.

Hope all of you are safe and warm. Best wishes for the new year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is tough. But, it's harder when you're stupid.

Blog Entries
    Brrrrrr! I think I'm glad I moved to the southeast! We were in the low 70's today.

Stay safe and warm!

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Re: Got snow??

Originally posted by RacerX
    The city snowplows are not running since they just voted down a bond to pay the drivers any overtime so we wont get plowed until midnight.

The irony of this happening in the Wood River Valley makes me laugh so hard I can hardly keep from passing out

I'll bring the 4wd up next week

has been eaten by a grue.
    Looks lovely, RacerX. I'm jealous. We don't get the snow around here that we used to get when I was a kid. I'd really like to slap whoever moved Detroit down to Kentucky when I wasn't looking.

RacerX,
    Do you have some of those Hydra boxes in that house
    or are they somewhere else. If so I bet nows the time
    when it pays off to be a hydra operator. Free Heat!!

Ray

Heating the house with boxen would be nice if the power would quit going out. After the 4th time going out yesterday, I just shut them down. Today seems to be much better.

Cygnus, you better bring more than that. I just got home after running down to work to catch the UPS man (my xp3000+ was supposed to be here today). And can't even get into the parking lot. I can see the plow truck completely buried in the back corner but there is now way it is gonna push all that. Plus, I dont feel like digging the 4 feet of snow around it to get in. Trying to hire a bucket loader at the moment.

By the way, Ketchum, is plowed out nicely. It is just us low income slobs in Hailey and Bellevue that are stuck.

Tonight .. 8 inches so far in Richland...on top of the 8 to 12 we had already

Big West Coast Storm Today

Me

12 Degrees F

My Apt complex

Last edited by Chinasaur; 01-07-2004 at 12:33 AM.
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Oooh, you guys are lucky. It's about 50 or 60 out here. Warm enough to ride my motorcycles comfortably, but I'd sure love to have some snow!

Snowboarding behind the truck like a skier behind a boat. Good times.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Originally posted by Dyyryath

Snowboarding behind the truck like a skier behind a boat. Good times.
    Then again...not. Two people were killed here last week doing that. Rope broke and slung them into the waiting jaws of a parked front end loader (wrong place, wrong time) and zap..dead. People are killed every year out here when the turn slings them into parked cars. Be safe

On the other hand, Im thinking of moving to Arizona so I can ride year round
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Two people were killed here last week doing that.
    As I've pointed out in another thread, I can't seem to enjoy an activity unless this is a distinct possibility. I'm not sure what's wrong with me exactly, but that's just how it is.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

We actually use snowmobiles here. (Four wheelers work too. But, not nearly as well) That way you can get off the road and out into the deep fluff. There is nothing like riding powder on a snowboard.

We`ve gotten a foot so far from this weather system..Idaho should get a bunch as well

Originally posted by RacerX
    We actually use snowmobiles here. (Four wheelers work too. But, not nearly as well) That way you can get off the road and out into the deep fluff. There is nothing like riding powder on a snowboard.
    Not to mention the high probability of a mountain of snow killing you in the middle of the night...Not far From the Home of the Western Hydra

Your link is not working cygnus. It only takes us to the KTVB register page. Personally, I am not going to register.

I am going to assume that you are referring to the avalanche in Fairfield. Or is it the ski patrolman that just died at Sun Valley?

Was the cabin where the UW Dean and her Husband died on the first floor after an avalanche hit the cabn and swamped the first floor. The dog amazingly was pushed into the fireplace and lived.

That would be the very same avalanche, chinasaur. The kids in the upstairs bedroom lived while the first floor was buried in snow.
    Last edited by RacerX; 01-07-2004 at 06:25 PM.

I forgot about the register thingy...

For those who have not seen this...

The story here

The End result here

Today in Richland . Frozen Over Yakima River

Before=July 2003

After=Jan 2004

Man, do I EVER wish we had snow down south :shocked:

And then there are those of us who live down South just for that reason...
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Blog Entries
    I second that. Well, one of the reasons, though it was down to 30 degrees for most of the day and there is a freeze warning. I don't mind the snow, I just don't want to live in it.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Another death from being towed by a truck

Another death by impacting a parked front end loader....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ngdeath08.html