Thread: D2OL Node Theft

D2OL Node Theft

http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...c;f=4;t=000342

Don't know if it's happening or not but apparently seems to be easy according to the thread. Do a node check and make sure you have all your nodes

Also, while you are at it, make a folder and copy all your node.prp files into that folder (I use a sub-folder per node) so I can re-create that node on the machine it started on. Otherwise, you lose the machine...you lose the node, and then when you start a new node on that box you have that old node sitting there unused with points attached..a zombie.

FWIW
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

i don't understand

this whole "node" thing has always been a problem for people that install/delete/remove/wipe out DC clients on boxen. the projects with "nodes" have no way to remove or delete them because the stats are attached to the "node" , so you end up with many of these that may be for only X number of boxen

phooey to the whole thing
    Use the right tool for the right job!

FoBoT,

True enough. But for me as a small-time pharmer..it works as long as I don't screw up and keep backups of the node.prp file.

But yer right, would be nice if it didn't have nodes...just tied to email addy.
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."