Thread: Changing Teams 10 Times

Changing Teams 10 Times

Would some explain to me why users are changing teams back and forth 10-15 times within 1 hour????

What does this do other then mask "normal moves"...?

Is this something we should all be doing..?

Does it help the point scores...?

Is folding that boring...?

Too many computers, too little time......

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Sounds like the work of a KWSN spy to me...maybe they have trained a new generation of tricksters
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

there are some people that think it is fun/funny

we have seen it before, it is the choice of the person to do it, it is annoying, which is the point of many of the people that do it
    Use the right tool for the right job!

10-15 times within 1 hour
    I don't think you can notice that, as the stats are updated on 2 hours interval

But, if that makes them happy, let them - this is a free project. To do it once, is just for a bit of fun. To do it repeatedly, tells enough about them...

This is often due to a bug in the stats system. Note that in the recent case for Konijntjepluis, a different number of points is being moved each way. It looks like he was the only member of the team he moved away from, and the stats system didn't note the fact that the team now has no members. Thus, the stats system is confused about which team he is on.

The team jumping was one of the reasons why I left DF the last time.
    It's fun to look at the stats and try to get the team that is ahead of you, but when the team are jumping from number 7 to number 3 to number 5 to number 8 etc....
    the fun is gone.
    It's been better after phase 2 started. Let's hope it stays that way.
    Proud member of The Genome Collective

Lightbulb

Originally posted by HansArne
    The team jumping was one of the reasons why I left DF the last time.
    It's fun to look at the stats and try to get the team that is ahead of you, but when the team are jumping from number 7 to number 3 to number 5 to number 8 etc....
    the fun is gone.
    It's been better after phase 2 started. Let's hope it stays that way.
    Maybe it's a idea to only make the username jump an let the team he left keep the score dat he crunched for that team. i think its te most fair way. And it will prevent funhopping.
    Member of DPC

Exclamation

Originally posted by Veter
    Maybe it's a idea to only make the username jump an let the team he left keep the score dat he crunched for that team. i think its te most fair way. And it will prevent funhopping.
    Exactly this is realized in the DC projects Folding@home and Genome@home. That's the best way to keep the users on the right side - and on folding.

Originally posted by iggy
    I don't think you can notice that, as the stats are updated on 2 hours interval

But, if that makes them happy, let them - this is a free project. To do it once, is just for a bit of fun. To do it repeatedly, tells enough about them...

Check out Konijntjepluis here!

OK, AMD_is_logical says it's a bug.... What happens, is one can't see past 50 entries to view what is really going on....
    Oh well.....:sleepy:
    Too many computers, too little time......

As I said, it is not within 1 hour in the first place.

I muct concur with AMD_is_logical, there is obviously problem in stats somewhere.

Then, there are quite a few problems with Dyyryath stats, too - they are delayed by 2 hours, daily graphs are not showing if you set your time zone to GMT, not all teams/users stats are showing at all times, etc. Thus, do not be too harsh to whatever is shown.

Better to have stats that are at least working OK, then not to have any.

As for the people changing teams, I think I said enough in the post above.

the stats can't handle empty teams from what I heard.
    Dutch Power Cows, The Stampede that's heading for the top.