Thread: Quarter recall

Quarter recall

Arkansas Quarter Recall

The United States Treasury has announced a recall on the new
    Arkansas quarters. "We are recalling all of the new Arkansas quarters that
    were recently issued,"

Treasury Undersecretary Russell Shackelford said in apress conference Monday morning. "This comes in the wake of numerous reports to this agency that the quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices."

"We believe the problem lies in a design flaw," said Shackelford. The winning design for the Arkansas quarter was submitted by University of Arkansas College of Engineering student William Doutrieux.

"Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and nickel together
    keeps jamming coin-operated devices."

Actually, I am a bit perplexed by the Alabama quarter. When I first glanced at one my first thought was "What, America's first electric chair?" Then I took a closer look and noticed it was Helen Keller. OK that's cool. But, being a toolmaker and noticing the details in any craftsmanship I noticed the little tiny dots under her name. I thought "No way! That is not braille." Sure enough it is her name in micro braille. I took it to a coworker who has a son that is blind and asked him to take it home and see if his son could read it. He couldn't.

I wonder what they will put on the Idaho quarter. I hope it is not "famous potatoes"
    Probably be something profound and helpful like "four of these equal a dollar"
    Life is tough. But, it's harder when you're stupid.

**** u buddy!!! it would be better if u didnt make jokes about where people live..
    WWW.GoJoshGo.COM

Unfortunatly, no matter where you live, your area will be the victim of some sort of joke. Believe me, living in Texas, I hear my fair share of Texas jokes. Just keep in mind, just because someone makes a joke about where you live, it doesn't mean they are making fun of you.
    Warning this Post is Rated "M" for Mature

-Contains Harsh Language
    -L337 HaX0r W3RD2!
    -Partial Nudity

I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape drive somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by magnav0x
    Unfortunatly, no matter where you live, your area will be the victim of some sort of joke. Believe me, living in Texas, I hear my fair share of Texas jokes. Just keep in mind, just because someone makes a joke about where you live, it doesn't mean they are making fun of you.
    Well put mags...when I was in California...it was jokes about the fruits and nuts...as well as "I'll be back"...now that I'm with the land of peaches, who knows.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

yes, but there isnt any harm in having pride in where u come from...

Arkansas happens to be where i lived for 19 years of my life...
    so I have a small amount of pride for my state..

WOOO pig sooie...

but neways... where are u from again racer x guy? lol
    WWW.GoJoshGo.COM

Mr Mann, I happen to be living in Idaho. Therefore the joke at the end of the post. If you have a problem with the things I post then don't read them. If you have an issue with me, Bummer! Looks like you have to carry that burden around, I won't.

I wonder if I should take issue to your "Friggin Korea" line in under your avatar since you never know how many Koreans you may be offending here.

I know that there will probably be another more angry post from you in response to this. If you were that upset already, you aren't about to let something go without getting the last word.

I will continue to post things that I wish. It is up to you whether to read them or not.

/Jeff Foxworthy

You might be a Redneck if.......

Originally posted by mr_mann
    **** u buddy!!! it would be better if u didnt make jokes about where people live..
    The Joke in question here has been floating around the net for some years now with "insert your favorite state" as the subject.

I think I even saw Idaho as the subject line once.

I reside in "friggen" Idaho as well where we are very used to being the topic of jokes maybe you remember this (which actually worked out well).

Hey there Racer-X fella you wanna fire up the Ford and go to the Ice racin, BBQ and Boxin match at the B of A huh?

Talking Anyways

you Yanks are mostly made up of Euro trash misfits who couldn't make it in their own country.

Which makes you better off than the convicts of Oz.

You will sooner or later pull yourselves out of the mire of mediocrity you swim in as long as you keep tempting the brains of better bred countries to your shores with salaries your bankrupt firms cant afford to pay without dipping into pension funds they never intended to pay out.

Good Ol' US of A.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

^ geezzzz it would just be to easy.... I'll let A99 handle the light work....

Where's the clicker I think there is some Football on the telly.

Talking Hey A99

shall we fly over some British consultants to help you formulate a reply?

Blog Entries

Re: Anyways

Originally posted by Fozzie
    you Yanks are mostly made up of Euro trash misfits who couldn't make it in their own country.

Which makes you better off than the convicts of Oz.

You will sooner or later pull yourselves out of the mire of mediocrity you swim in as long as you keep tempting the brains of better bred countries to your shores with salaries your bankrupt firms cant afford to pay without dipping into pension funds they never intended to pay out.

Good Ol' US of A.
    Now where is that ban key?

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Electric fence operator

Re: Hey A99

Originally posted by Fozzie
    shall we fly over some British consultants to help you formulate a reply?

Perhaps your distinguished British "Intelligence" agents could come up with, or should I say, "fabricate" a plan for us Yanks. It appears to have worked once before.

For the record, I live in Indiana, so go ahead and make all the jokes you want. There's plenty around here to make fun of.

Originally posted by cygnussphere

Hey there Racer-X fella you wanna fire up the Ford and go to the Ice racin, BBQ and Boxin match at the B of A huh?

Tell me more!! Like when???

do you people really want me to get involved in an international incident
    Entry: lunatic
    Function: adjective
    Definition: crazy
    Synonyms: absurd, baked, balmy, bananas, batty, bonkers, cracked, crazed, daft, demented, deranged, dippy, flaky, flipped out, foolish, freaked out, gone ape, idiotic, insane, irrational, kooky, loco, loony, mad, maniac, maniacal, nonsensical, nuts, nutty, preposterous, psyched out, psycho, psychotic, schizoid, screwy, stupid, unhinged, unsound, wacky, whacko, zany
    Concept: health (poor)

Sick 'em, A99! Attack!

i dont care if i offend any koreans.... i stated "friggin' korea" because this was not my choice of living places... I'd rather be at home.. thus im in friggin korea..
    WWW.GoJoshGo.COM

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by RacerX
    Sick 'em, A99! Attack!
    DITTO!!!!

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Anarchy99
    do you people really want me to get involved in an international incident
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

lets start with they are the country that invented guys wearing make-up and wigs because they thought it was masculine

A99
    Synonyms: absurd, baked, balmy, bananas, batty, bonkers, cracked, crazed, daft, demented, deranged, dippy, flaky, flipped out, foolish, freaked out, gone ape, idiotic, insane, irrational, kooky, loco, loony, mad, maniac, maniacal, nonsensical, nuts, nutty, preposterous, psyched out, psycho, psychotic, schizoid, screwy, stupid, unhinged, unsound, wacky, whacko, zany

Talking Accuracy my dear A

"When Louis XVI ascended the French throne in 1774, his wife Marie Antoinette continued this trend towards extravagance. The queen added feathers to her head, and soon womens' "towers" reached over two feet in height. England and the colonies imitated this style."

Those poor old colonies must keep up.

its funny how you should mention the french influence

were they responsible for teaching you how to get your butts kicked by those poor colonists oops

just the beginning

Sign in a London department store:
    BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS

Sign outside a new town hall which was to be opened by the Prince of Wales:
    THE TOWN HALL IS CLOSED UNTIL OPENING.
    IT WILL REMAIN CLOSED AFTER BEING OPENED. OPEN TOMORROW.

Notice in london health food shop window:
    CLOSED DUE TO ILLNESS

Spotted in a toilet in a London office block:
    TOILET OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW

leaflet on a london message board:
    IF YOU CANNOT READ, THIS LEAFLET WILL TELL YOU HOW TO GET LESSONS