Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Systematic Misrepresentation is....

A classic case of "shoot the messenger" if you don't want the message heard:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3391239.stm

Not a word..not a peep..not a whimper from Congress to investigate....

"Move along citizen. Move along...nothing to see here...move along"

"WE SAID MOVE ALONG....DO YOU WANT TO GO TO GUANTANAMO?"

And this "foley" person...with the "et tu, brute" comment... Are we supposed to infer that Bush is Caesar?

Maybe they just don't like dissent... :bs:
    Last edited by Chinasaur; 01-13-2004 at 01:27 AM.
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

While Dy catches all the footage, RacerX annoys the crowd by singing "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?"

I really like this part:

Mr O'Neill was sacked from the US Government after nearly two years in his position over differences with the Bush administration.

Makes ya wonder just what the "differences" were. Perhaps Mr O'neil is just bitter.
    Last edited by RacerX; 01-13-2004 at 01:28 AM.
    Life is tough. But, it's harder when you're stupid.

Tell that to Valerie Plame who's employment with the CIA was "outed" by a member of the White House staff..according to Robert Novak.

Where is the "righteous indignation" over this traitorous act?

The same place it was in the Nixon administration in the days after the Watergate break-in...the same place it was in the Reagan administration during Iran-Contra...

Why aren't they screaming for blood like they are for O'Neill?

Nixon ordered an illegal break-in, used the FBI to spy on his enemies. Reagan's administration sold Hawk missiles to pay for it's war in Nicaragua (School of the Americas again)...remember those disgraces to the uniform North and Poindexter? Oh but Reagan didn't know a THING about it..yup. yup. yup.

Oh. And they spent 8 years investigating Whitewater and turned up nothing and Bill Clinton lied about getting a BJ in the Oval Office. yeah. That is SURE the SAME F'ing thing as Watergate and Iran-Contra...yup.

And now Bush says it doesn't matter that the PRIMARY reason he sold the War to Congress and the American people ... "doesn't matter".

oooook
    Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

D'OH!! I forgot the BEST PART!!!! LOL .. I HATE IT WHEN I DO THAT!!! LOL ...

QUESTION: For 100 G's...who was Ronald Reagans SPECIAL ENVOY to Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq War? You remember that one for sure dont'cha? The one where Iraq used CHEMICAL WEAPONS on Iran while the US provided bomb damage asessment to Iraq?

Answer: DONALD RUMSFELD!!!!

And here he is..Mr. Donald "WMD's are bad" (and Nixon apparatchik) Rumself himself!!! .. live and in person with our buddy and yours...SADDAM!!!!!

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

I just LOOOOOOVE this part -

The U.S., which followed developments in the Iran-Iraq war with extraordinary intensity, had intelligence confirming Iran's accusations, and describing Iraq's "almost daily" use of chemical weapons, concurrent with its policy review and decision to support Iraq in the war [Document 24]. The intelligence indicated that Iraq used chemical weapons against Iranian forces, and, according to a November 1983 memo, against "Kurdish insurgents" as well [Document 25].

What was the Reagan administration's response? A State Department account indicates that the administration had decided to limit its "efforts against the Iraqi CW program to close monitoring because of our strict neutrality in the Gulf war, the sensitivity of sources, and the low probability of achieving desired results." But the department noted in late November 1983 that "with the essential assistance of foreign firms, Iraq ha[d] become able to deploy and use CW and probably has built up large reserves of CW for further use. Given its desperation to end the war, Iraq may again use lethal or incapacitating CW, particularly if Iran threatens to break through Iraqi lines in a large-scale attack" [Document 25]. The State Department argued that the U.S. needed to respond in some way to maintain the credibility of its official opposition to chemical warfare, and recommended that the National Security Council discuss the issue.

Sooo...tell you what... all you flag wrapped, Battle Hymn humming types, go read some of the documents in the refernced URL (they are State Dept so you can be sure you are getting only the cleanest non-Liberal information) and then come back and join the discussion...

We'll wait while you educate yourselves.

Personally, I think Richard Pryor was spot on in the movie Brewster's Millions where he started the campaign to vote for "None of the Above".

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to throw the candidates back at both parties and tell them they need to try again.
    Life is tough. But, it's harder when you're stupid.

What? No "bitter" comment?

No comment on the above at all?

Chinasaur

I agree with what you saying.
    Every time you have posted in this thread you have written what I was thinking.

I believe from conversations with friends and collegues that your views mirror
    the opinions of the majority of the UK populous

The following points are not statements of fact, only the opinions of myself.

1: It was right to take some action against Saddam because of the way he treated the people of Iraq.

2: The threat posed by Saddam to the rest of the world was grossly exaggerated
    to justify a full scale war.

3: Politicians in the UK and US knowingly perpetuated the myth that Saddam had a large arsenal of chemical weapons.

4: UN weapons inspectors were pulled out early in order that they couldnt
    complete there report.
    If they had stated categorically that there were no Chemical or Biological weapons
    in Iraq there would have been no justification for a full scale war.

5: The real reason for the war in Iraq was to gain control of the OIL.
    Secondary to the control of the OIL was the desire to set up a military presence in the region.

6: The people of Iraq are not benefiting from the removal of Saddam and are
    under military rule.
    The longer this continues the deeper their hatred of the west will grow.

8: Some companies are benefiting financially from large contracts awarded
    by the Bush administration.
    These don't appear to be awarded on merit but rather as loyalty awards.
    For either bankrolling the Bush election campaign or being closely allied to
    high ranking officials in the Bush administraton.

Gen. Curtis Lemay: "Bomb 'em back to the Stone Age!"

"But Curtis, they're already in the Stone Age."
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Have they not just replaced one mad dictator with another.
    We're all going to heaven lads --- Weehay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12