Arkansas Quarter Recall

The United States Treasury has announced a recall on the new
Arkansas quarters. "We are recalling all of the new Arkansas quarters that
were recently issued,"

Treasury Undersecretary Russell Shackelford said in apress conference Monday morning. "This comes in the wake of numerous reports to this agency that the quarters will not work in parking meters, toll booths, vending machines, pay phones, or other coin-operated devices."

"We believe the problem lies in a design flaw," said Shackelford. The winning design for the Arkansas quarter was submitted by University of Arkansas College of Engineering student William Doutrieux.

"Apparently, the duct tape holding the two dimes and nickel together
keeps jamming coin-operated devices."

Actually, I am a bit perplexed by the Alabama quarter. When I first glanced at one my first thought was "What, America's first electric chair?" Then I took a closer look and noticed it was Helen Keller. OK that's cool. But, being a toolmaker and noticing the details in any craftsmanship I noticed the little tiny dots under her name. I thought "No way! That is not braille." Sure enough it is her name in micro braille. I took it to a coworker who has a son that is blind and asked him to take it home and see if his son could read it. He couldn't.

I wonder what they will put on the Idaho quarter. I hope it is not "famous potatoes"
Probably be something profound and helpful like "four of these equal a dollar"