Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: dfMon version 0.4.1.4

  1. #1
    of OCW's "Triple Nickle" Gortok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    43

    Unhappy dfMon version 0.4.1.4

    Since the update to protein 105 yesterday, all of my local network clients now show "stalled".
    I can hit the refresh button over and over and see the count of structures increase, but the gui and the output html continue to show all clients have stalled except the machine the monitor is running on...any ideas?
    I DID try to delete one of the clients from the list (AND using the gui) but once re-added and monitoring...it shows stalled

  2. #2
    Boinc'ing away
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    982
    odd - haven't seen this problem before...try exiting dfMon, rename clients.txt and start dfMon and then add a client - if it still says Stalled let me know

  3. #3
    I'd suggest checking the system time on the box running dfMon, if it is fast then it will flag clients as stalled even though they are running (assuming dfMon checks running status using the timestamp of the progress.txt files).
    Last edited by pizzaking; 01-15-2004 at 07:26 AM.
    pk

    Checkout DCMonitor v2

  4. #4
    Boinc'ing away
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    982
    It does - and when the time changed for daylight saving, that was one occurrence of this stalled happening...

    The fact it's showing Stalled indicates it is more a time issue - dfMon will be looking at the file age of progress.txt for each client and comparing it against the local (where dfMon is running) minus the stall time...this is all internal and could only be affected by a big difference between client time and local time...

  5. #5
    of OCW's "Triple Nickle" Gortok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    43
    Originally posted by pfb
    odd - haven't seen this problem before...try exiting dfMon, rename clients.txt and start dfMon and then add a client - if it still says Stalled let me know
    OK

    I've renamed (also deleted) clients.txt Restarted...re-added and it's still showing stalled.
    I've checked the times on all clients. Found one that was off (way off) Reset time and rebooted...even checked in DOS, in fact, I got all clients within seconds of dfmon "host". Re-checked time on router, it's good...Restart dfMON and all network clients still show stalled. The client machines count up (numbers advance) in the gui at the specified interval. And, I can still continue to click the refresh button and gui shows clients ARE advancing... (we need a smilee "pulling hair out")

    Is it possible I'm missing (or have a corrupt) system file needed??

    TIA...

  6. #6
    of OCW's "Triple Nickle" Gortok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    43
    WOOOPS, yep...duh...

    Time OK..... DATE showed MAY '04....silly me. I even remember why I did it...nevermind.

    :|punch|: Slap me...

    Thanks guys....

    G

  7. #7
    Boinc'ing away
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    982
    cool - if it had have been a clients.txt problem I would have gone a bit screwy as there is no logical way that could affect the stall indication

    Glad it's sorted now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •