Thread: Current/Best energy?

of OCW's "Triple Nickle" Gortok's Avatar

Lightbulb Current/Best energy?

Since we no longer have the accurate "energy" numbers from the client, would it be possible to monitor "average generation time" instead?

Electric fence operator
    What do you mean by monitor? To watch it change over time? We have an average gen. time on the "Advanced" tab now - are you wanting it to be plotted or something? I'm not sure I understand the nature of your question.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

Well, you do have accurate energy numbers. You don't have RMSD numbers, because the client doesn't know them.

But for the average gen time, could you just look at the graph showing the time of each generation, and figure an approximate average based on that?
    "If you fail to adjust your notion of fairness to the reality of the Universe, you will probably not be happy."

-- Originally posted by Paratima

of OCW's "Triple Nickle" Gortok's Avatar
    (Sorry, I should clarify)

On dfMON...

Is it possible to change output to show "average generation time" vs. "Energy" value??

Electric fence operator
    Ah, I see. I was thinking DfGUI.
    "If angels have voices, then surely they must sound like Loreena McKennitt" - me 1/2/04, somewhere over Illinois

Member of Free-DC

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by Gortok
    (Sorry, I should clarify)

On dfMON...

Is it possible to change output to show "average generation time" vs. "Energy" value??
    If you mean dfMon, I am working on a few extra fields to show - there is a post on what people would like to see in dfMon somewhere in this section...