Thread: Projects are going missing from CPID page. Impacts on MM's

Projects are going missing from CPID page. Impacts on MM's

There’s something a little weird going on with Free-DC’s CPID page. I have noticed it for probably a few months now but it hasn’t particularly bothered me till now.
    What I am seeing is that, whilst I have contributed to 82 projects over the last few years, that at the start of each day it now shows either 79 or 80. Always missing are Gridcoin Finance, and Briseurs de Code, and sometimes missing is nanosurf@Home (currently showing as I type this)
    This has been the case for a while but it never bothered me because it never impacted on the Mega Milestones which always showed all 82 Projects until recently. Before, these were always correct at the start of my day (UK time). I assume this is because the MegaMilestone stats are done once a day and the numbers were always correct when they were calculated, so even when the 2 or sometimes 3 went missing later in the day, they only went from the main list, and not from the MMs. Now however the MM numbers are being calculated when these are missing. Is there some not quite circadian rhythm in play here?
    Just in case anyone is thinking this is really trivial, and wandering "What is he moaning about?", it also has an impact on quite a number of other Mega Milestones like Trigggls, Vaios, Top 10 Ranks, 10k’s, 25k’s, 50k’s, 100k’s and by virtue of these MiRB’s TeraMiRBs and even a Maxwell!!! Eeek! And it is quite frightening what it does to SquarePants!!! ;-)
    Anybody else seeing something similar or is it just me?

Update
    It's 13:35 in the UK and I just noticed that nanosurf has now gone missing - no idea if it's the same time each day but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Pretty sure it was there an hour ago.
    Last edited by MarkRBright; 01-02-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    There is corruption on one of the databases that I need to fix. Been away all weekend, but it's on my todo list today.

Excellent - so, something clearly happened and some progress has been made so I thought it worth pointing out the effects on me in case it helps.

Gridcoin is back, both in the Project list and the MMs, and it's nice to have its stones total included back where it should be :-)

However the Projects MM shows 80 projects, my project list shows 81 projects, and there should in fact be 82. Nanosurf is showing in the project list (at the moment), whilst Briseurs isn't, but neither of them are taken into account in the MMs.

I hope that makes sense.
    Feel free to just ignore all that Bok, if it's just a case of waiting for things to settle down.

Update
    Just to show how confusing this can all be, I now have only the 80 projects in my list, nanosurf has gone AWOL again.
    Last edited by MarkRBright; 01-03-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Blog Entries
    Briseurs never exported stats unfortunately so I was scraping them for just a few users. And their site is down. For those I may need to go look through some older backups.

Just thought you might like confirmation that I at least am showing consistent and complete data again with the exception of Briseurs.
    Excellent work again Bok, thanks.
    Just need Briseurs to get my SquarePants back in shape!

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I just don't have the data for Briseurs. It's not in either database and of course without an export I have no last xml files either and the website is down...

More than just Briseurs missing today, I'm afraid...far more. One can better ask what's left.
    At least the forum is still up.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-27-2017 at 07:14 AM.