Thread: A suggestion for a slightly silly but mysterious one

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A suggestion for a slightly silly but mysterious one

OK, how about this for a suggestion for a new cross-denomination, cross project/sub-project MM version of a a SuperDuperBok, that might appeal, due to it being slightly ridiculous, and nearly impossible to get, and therefore potentially very mysterious!
    Here goes. For every value-based MM, you get one of these when you hit the target on the nose. So for every Project and Subproject, if I were to have actually achieved a score of exactly 1 Million (or 1K/10K/25K/50K etc.), then I would get one of these. Obviously there has to be a level of tolerance to accommodate projects that give out decimal cobblestones, just like of for Trigggls/Boks etc. but it has to be brutal - it is +/- 0.5.
    Not sure how easy it would be to code for but I just thought I would throw it into the pot. I would imagine that at the same time you are accumulating all the value related MM’s you could stick a plus one into a new counter for each one that is bang on.
    In case you go for it, I have thought up some suggestions for a name for this new MM, and offer up the following selection. Nebbers, Conks or Brightys - my favourite is Nebber.
    I openly confess that I only thought of this when I realised that I had achieved a second one of them today, without actually trying to. I would currently get one for the Primaboinca project where I have exactly 1M, and one for SRBase’s ‘Sierpinski Base’ Sub-project where I have – probably fleetingly - exactly 250K.
    It’s actually quite easy to check if you have any as a quick scan down the Score column on CPIUD page and the SubProject page looking for the exact MM target numbers.
    For something like this it would be nonsense to have a limit of more than one before it showed, as I suspect that very few people will have any at all, never mind more than one – I would not be remotely surprised to find that I was in the number one spot with two.
    So, mysterious and hard to get. Are you not a wee bit tempted? :-)

I am guessing it was just a bit too silly then.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    no, it has merit, just not got round to it...

That's good, but having said that I have had a bit of a thought about this and I think the +/- 0.5 stones is probably too tight, and possibly too difficult to get! There is no point in having a mysterious one if there is nobody to notice the mystery! My instinct tells me that there ought to be some small sensible tolerance - the same across all MM targets to keep things simple - and I think it probably ought to be either +/- 10 stones, or perhaps 0.1% of the relevant MM (i.e. plus OR minus 0.1%) if that is easy to do.
    I feel that this way people would see a few more of them and wonder how they got something for reaching 999,001!!! If anything it would probably add to the mystique. What do you think?

Just thought I'd post something to this again so that it stays alive. I still like this idea.

Still liking this one!