Thread: Team stats page

Origami Suits You Too Marcelloz's Avatar

Overall Teams stats page

I'm the stats maker for the Dutch Power Cows ( http://dfstats.homeip.net ) and I want to ask the DF crew if it is possible to create a team stats page just like the text-based team stats pages. This page will then be my source for the team stats.

Right now I parse the teamstats page of Dyyryath but because that one is down I don't have any team stats at all. I don't want to download all pages from DF just to get the overall score (effectively throw away 99% of the data).

A single page with the overall team scores will do and a lot of people @ DPC will be very grateful
    Last edited by Marcelloz; 02-09-2004 at 09:40 AM.
    ---
    Dutch Power Cows member

Blog Entries
    the-mk

yeah, apparently Dyyryath didn't mention which Saturday j/k

edit: i think the Cows broke it
    Last edited by N.V.M.; 02-08-2004 at 07:25 PM.

Originally posted by the-mk
    I think that is the file you want: http://anteater.blueprint.org/teampages/team81.txt
    this is the file I already use. What I like to have is such a file but with all the teams in it.

Essentially something like this:
    Code:
    Teams who have generated the largest amount of work
    Rank	                     Team	# of points
    #1.	                   FreeDC	6,718,697,195
    #2.	Ars Technica Team Stir Fry	5,860,417,635
    #3.	         Dutch Power Cows	4,203,366,452
    #4.	              OCworkbench	2,565,858,500
    #5.	   Overclockers Australia	2,016,330,520
    #6.	               ProCooling	1,955,029,997
    #7.	    The Genome Collective	1,364,740,327
    #8.	               Team Ninja	1,334,292,260
    #9.	          Rechenkraft net	1,085,925,741
    #10.	         Sun Microsystems	982,222,120
    Generated every 2 hours, like the teampages and with all the teams listed.
    If such a file can be realized, around 1000 people will be like this :
    Last edited by Marcelloz; 02-09-2004 at 02:39 AM.
    ---
    Dutch Power Cows member

This sounds like a relatively quick addition, I will put it on my to-do list
    Elena Garderman

Originally posted by Stardragon
    This sounds like a relatively quick addition, I will put it on my to-do list
    cool! thanx!

[update]
    And that's exactly the reason I don't use the tar-ball, thanks for the answer the-mk
    Last edited by Marcelloz; 02-09-2004 at 02:25 PM.
    ---
    Dutch Power Cows member

Stats God in Training Darkness Productions's Avatar
    Why not just use the tarball that's floating around?

Blog Entries
    There is too much to download for the information he wants to have...

AFAIK the *.tar with all teampages in *.txt is about 10 MB or so, and you have to open every single *.txt to extract two informations: teamname and overall points.

It's better for the DF-server if someone downloads some kB's every hour than something about 10 MB!
    the-mk

Originally posted by the-mk
    There is too much to download for the information he wants to have...

AFAIK the *.tar with all teampages in *.txt is about 10 MB or so, and you have to open every single *.txt to extract two informations: teamname and overall points.

It's better for the DF-server if someone downloads some kB's every hour than something about 10 MB!
    uncompressed the data is 2294 files and 3.95MB, that is uncompressed, tar'd and gzipped its only 678KB. Not hardly 10MB.

BTW the URL is http://anteater.blueprint.org/teampages.tar.gz
    Last edited by statsman; 03-05-2004 at 09:44 PM.
    StatsMan

I know you're probably quite busy Stardragon but any idea when the page will be available?
    ---
    Dutch Power Cows member

Boinc'ing away
    although a seperate 'Team stats' page is nice, I found it fairly quick to parse all the team*.txt files in the tarball and load into a MySql the same info as would be provided...it takes around 5 seconds for this to occur and around 66% of that is downloading the tarball ...

I'm taking teamname, points and teamid (from the team*.txt filename) and calclating the rank once all teams are loaded...

Well,
    as I used Dyyryath teamstats as my source and his website is temporarily down,
    and as no teampage is available from DF itself,
    I have implemented the 'tarball' option.

I now download the tarball 3 times every hour (I want up-to-date stats) and ( please don't ask me how long it took me to find a *working* program for Windows XP ) unzip and untar all files and parse them into my database.

Only thing that irritates me a bit is that this tarball does not contain the .txt files which are available for download at the distributed folding site itself. When I take the team81.txt file from the tarball, and compare it with the downloadable text file from distributedfoldling.org, the tarball almost always is older. I even have noticed a 2 hour difference between the files. As I still use the df.org file to produce member/subteam stats, there is always a difference between the cumulative member scores and the team stats.

Of course I could use the team81.txt for member stats, but those are not the latest so I don't want to use them for that purpose. So, a kind request for the df-crew if possible to make

- the team stats page as requested above

or

- have the tarball contain the same files as the ones on the df.org site

thanx very much in advance,

Marcelloz
    statsbuilder for DPC
    dfstats.homeip.net
    ---
    Dutch Power Cows member

Boinc'ing away
    Originally posted by Marcelloz

Well,
    as I used Dyyryath teamstats as my source and his website is temporarily down,
    and as no teampage is available from DF itself,
    I have implemented the 'tarball' option.

I now download the tarball 3 times every hour (I want up-to-date stats) and ( please don't ask me how long it took me to find a *working* program for Windows XP ) unzip and untar all files and parse them into my database.

Only thing that irritates me a bit is that this tarball does not contain the .txt files which are available for download at the distributed folding site itself. When I take the team81.txt file from the tarball, and compare it with the downloadable text file from distributedfoldling.org, the tarball almost always is older. I even have noticed a 2 hour difference between the files. As I still use the df.org file to produce member/subteam stats, there is always a difference between the cumulative member scores and the team stats.

Of course I could use the team81.txt for member stats, but those are not the latest so I don't want to use them for that purpose. So, a kind request for the df-crew if possible to make

- the team stats page as requested above

or

- have the tarball contain the same files as the ones on the df.org site

thanx very much in advance,

Marcelloz
    statsbuilder for DPC
    dfstats.homeip.net
    I've noticed the stats in the tarball are 2 hours behind (well they seem to be updated an hour after the main stats update)...downloading 3 times an hour seems pointless if the stats are done every 2 hours...

For Windows I use the Win32 version of wget...fairly easy to use...

I just use a little php script to download the fild. To unpack it I found a little command line program called 'untarked' which did the trick for me.

I download it three times because until a few months ago the stats were updated hourly and because it's never really when the new files are available. This varies and all DPC, crazy about stats as we are, want to have the latest numbers. That's why I also wanted that sole page as I don't want to hammer the servers too much. But 3 times an hour is not that much i guess.

And it's cool to beat other stats sites
    ---
    Dutch Power Cows member

The all-team ranking page is indeed in the works, but has not been a priority since we've had to release the update, and then take care of the overloaded servers.
    Elena Garderman