Thread: Circuit Names

Circuit Names

There are five circuits for which the owner of the island evolving it has not submitted a name. Could five different people please give them names! Just reply to this post with a name of your liking.
    Cheers,
    Miguel

How 'bout "DHEP" for one of them!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Can it be anything ??

SMILODON

Bok

very original prok
    thats three to go then, can be anything yeah

Anyone else feeling broody or like stamping their mark in history?

As an alternative, if there aren't anymore takers, I'll nominate "Free-DC" as a circuit name.

TwoPlusTwo for the full adder or FunnyE since Sigma is a funny E. Heh, 3am here.

Three more names to go, anyone? Just anything will do! Don't be shy

Thanks for those giving out names so far. There are still thee more circuits that need naming, the next three messages (from anyone) with names will be used.

why are you interested in assigning a name to the circuit? if this was a brute force solving method, than i see how a single person can be responsible for finding the solution, but since this is solve using GA everyone is involved.

personally id be happy just seeing a before and after size comparison, # of generations taken, and/or # of people involved.

Why names? Good question... Its useful to have a way to refer to circuits once they've evolved. Then I thought it would be one way of getting people involved with the project and that if a good solution came from they're island that it they'd be happy to give a name to it.. But now a lot of solutions are being found by the Sussex Uni PCs which have no real owner which is why I need other people to come up with names..

About the number of people involved, its everyone who's in the topology of that run, so about 300 for each circuit. And thats why now I'm offering anyone to give names... Its just something by which to refer to it.. Just anything will do, can you think of one?

names

How many more names do you need? I have plenty of selfish names in my back pocket
    I'll dedicate one to my girl friend: Almut
    Next, I'll throw my home town in: Eschwege
    And if you still need one, I'd vote simply for: pi

Cheers

One more circuit name going up for grabs anyone?

since it's the largest sequential ever evolved, why not call it DHEP?

OK you got your DHEP in the end!