Thread: Fix team name..

Fix team name..

We have someone squatting on our official team name for World Community Grid and for this reason we can't get our real WCG stats to show under the team page.

Our team name is [H]ard|OCP, but for World Community Grid we had to settle for HardOCP. Is it possible for you to manually associate the WCG team HardOCP with [H]ard|OCP for all the other projects.

So when you go to this page:
    https://stats.free-dc.org/teambycpid/%5BH%5Dard%7COCP

It shows the stats for the correct WCG team which is this one:
    https://stats.free-dc.org/team/bwcg/1411

For the record we have reached out to the rogue member who refuses to give up ownership of the team name. Nothing we can do about it as he's gone dark for a long, long while now.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Yuk, not something I really like to do, but I've made a specific code change to capture this for your team only. Normally this just runs some sql to get all teams in the team table that have the same name. I added an if condition on [H]ard|OCP to go get the specific team row and add to the dataset.

Please note that if you do get that team owner back and fix the name, then you are going to get two rows on the teambycpid page and I'd have to back out the code change.

I don't *think* it's going to break anything else but it's possible.

You rock Bok. I highly doubt he will give it back to us as we've been trying for years to get it. Thanks so much.