Thread: About time, Von Smelix

About time, Von Smelix

And to anyone else crunching Einstein@Home, you must go to your account at einsteinathome.org, go to Preferences then Privacy and allow the site to post your stats for external stats machines, like ours. Otherwise, you have to go there and play 20 questions to see the rankings. Cheers!

BTW, we could use some help on the project. We're slowly but surely slipping back.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

I wasn't aware of the change so that explains why the project was showing zero on my stats page. I've updated my preferences and have a CPU core or two to spare for a little while to help the cause. It isn't going to touch what you guys are cranking out though so the slippage is going to continue :/

Hey, you know how it works: every little bit counts, even if it's a pair of Pentiums! LOL Well, maybe Pentiums..
    Anyway, thanks for running as much as you can spare.

AND Big Thanks for the reply! Not much being posted around here anymore. I'd love to see more of us posting here. I don't expect a return to the 00's but at least the occasional check-in is nice.
    <sigh> Guess everybody tweets these days. Oh well. Hi anyway.

Yeah I haven't posted or even looked at the forum here for years, quite in contrast to how it used to be for me. I've never stopped crunching for the team though and that won't change.

It's nice to see some of the familiar faces are still around It would be great to spark up some old/new intra/inter-team rivalries and competition but I don't have much horsepower for it these days and there doesn't seem to be many people active here like you said.

As far as Einstein goes it seems like we're catching a few teams ahead of us but there's a lot of threat coming up from behind. Maybe I can look into crunching some GPU work units overnight for a little extra boost. I've only got a GTX 750 Ti though so not even sure if that's worthwhile?

A team of rats beats a single elephant! Yeah, there are several of us old-timers around that have never stopped crunching. Would be good to get some posting. I will give it some thought. I've worked on so many projects...

Ah well. Memory lane and trips down it don't get the work done. I may enlist some help. Watch this space! (Could take a little while.)

I haven't done any crunching in years, but it makes me happy to know that some of you guys are still around and going.
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Hey, Dyy! Good to know the bike racing hasn't gotten you. (Do you still do that?)

Yep, some of us are still here crunching away. There are so many projects today, it's hard to keep track. I am long since retired, so don't have my work army anymore. Just a couple of boxes at home.

You know, if you wanted to toss a couple of machines into the mix, we wouldn't object. I had to ask!

Super good to hear from you, regardless.

I echo those sentiments!

Definitely too many projects; I tend to hop around quite regularly to achieve some personal goals here and there. What I definitely don't keep a close eye on is things like whether we are threatened as a team on a particular project, which is something which used to get called out on here in the past so that we could rally the troops to try and prevent losing our position.

I've been dropping off Einstein again recently because running the GPU application only at night is somewhat of a hassle since that functionality isn't directly built-in to BOINC for some reason. I'll try to get better about it because I won't be running it once summer approaches and temperatures rise.