Thread: Minor fault - Probable rogue data - Simple enhancement suggestion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Minor fault - Probable rogue data - Simple enhancement suggestion

So yesterday I lost a Maxwell. No big deal really, it happens. But I had a bit of spare time so as it wasn't obvious where it came from I thought it was time to update my own stats. I maintain a spreadsheet which has all my own Boinc related data in plus some bits that aren't displayed in Free-DC. So I painstakingly went down each item in the Users Milestones page, clicking to find out what the number required for a Maxwell was, the number required for a TeraMiRB and I would have checked the number required for a MiRB, but as there is no way that I have found to get beyond the first 500 records so I couldn't. Luckily I have MiRB's for every MegaMilestone that I have so I am not really bothered by this, though others might be. So I update my table and find there is what I suspect a rogue entry in the SubClanks category (https://stats.free-dc.org/userbycpid...ubproj=sclanks) where the best entry before was around the 40 mark, there is a new entry of 76. Pretty excellent to maintain that level of SubClanking! But slightly suspicious as whoever is responsible has no name and no team, is literally just a score.
    So I get to thinking - not for the first time - how nice it would be to enhance the Users Milestones page (which you have said before needs some rework anyway) to include 3 new columns, showing the number of each MM Type needed to obtain a Maxwell, a TeraMiRB and a MiRB so that it looks like the attached picture.

It is worth stressing that the data shown in the additional 3 columns would be the same for every person looking, and would only need to be collated once per day as you go along when doing daily roll-over. Presumably would want to continue to not show details for Mega Milestone categories where weren't being shown anyway. i.e. I have no 1B's, so I wouldn't get to see any details (new or current) for that line.
    It is also worth stressing that some people like badges, and some like MM's, Some like both but obviously everyone just likes crunching. Anything that both adds to the pleasure of crunching whilst making people more interested in your web site and what it offers is a double whammy - good for Free-DC and good for Boinc.

So to summarise
    1) Minor fault - can't get past top 500 ranks when displaying on any entry in the Type column.
    2) Probable Rogue Data - first entry in the subClanks rank table looks very suspect.
    3) Simple enhancement suggestion - three new columns on the MM's table - calculate once per day - same for all users.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boinc Suggestion re MMs Thumb.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	1392