Thread: Long Time No See

Long Time No See

Hey Everyone,

Its been awhile, since the last time I visited I graduated from University, and after months of trying landed myself a job, as a IT Administrator. Well I'm busy busy, but while waiting for installs to finish I thought I would pop on say Hi, and if all goes well, I might be getting back into some Folding or maybe seti again, depending on what I can run discretely on my machine here and at home.

Hope you've all be well,
    anything major happen while I was away??

Regards,
    Craig

Welcome back! It's good to hear from you again!

Let's see now. Since you left, several people packed it in. Some came back. Some new guys showed up, and a few of them left. The rest of us are still here. Or at least mostly here. Oh yeah, and Moogie moved from California to Georgia, of all places.

To sum it up, I guess I'd say that the more things change, the more they stay the same. (In French, "Plus ca change, plus ca la memchose." Too much trouble to add all those accent marks!)

Notice the new digs... Dyyryath has been spiffing up our little home here.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Hey Alpha! Good to have you around again (and as a professional now, too! ). Things are *slowly* but surely getting 'adjusted' around here, but I got sidetracked over the last couple of weeks with some work projects.

I just got my DF boxes back up and running again tonight and tomorrow I should have time to go back to work on the new home page design. I've also been in cahoots with some of our other stats guys lately.

So, are you gonna tell us back your swanky new job or what?
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

Great to hear that you have graduated and got yourself a proper job

Thanks guys, I am Admin for a funds management firm, so buying managing and selling stuff with other peoples money.

Its pretty cool, and I'm enjoying it.. its a nice change to uni.

Hey Richard, how ya doing Good to see your still here.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Welcome Back Sir, It has been a little quiet - lol yeah Richard is still here, didn't want to get beaten by me in Distributed Folding, Seti now having been retired on my system, sorry home mini network - yeah I've been spending the cash...
    Well Hope the job keeps being fun... if yer stuck http://www.theregister.co.uk and erm read the BOFH (it's a good laugh - very doable as well )
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Hey Paisan!!!

Agent Smith was right!: "I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

Blog Entries
    Welcome back! And grats on graduating AND landing a job. Sounds like things are going well. Looking foward to hearing more from you!!

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Minister of Misinformation magicfan241's Avatar
    Welcome back here!

Even if I have partially moved in here since you left, I am glad to see some faces from the "past".

I am one of the people that is mostly here (I still lead an Ars team), as Paratima said.

Best of luck to you in your job.

magicfan241