Thread: How do I copy my SB client?

www.amdusers.com

How do I copy my SB client?

I have a HDD on the verge of failing (SMART Failure predicted on Hard Disk 0).
    I don't want to lose all the work I've done on this task 45.5% thru. What do I need to copy to my new HDD?

If it is a Windows box, you nedd to go into the registry to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LhDn\sob\cache" and export that key. Save it and the zXXXXXXX file that is in your SoB directory to a floppy or another machine or a CDR. Once you have your new hard drive and all your other software reinstalled, just reinstall the SoB client. Set up your username and other config stuff and exit the client. Then import the registry key and put the zXXXXXXX file in the SoB directory. Restart the client, and it should pick up right where it left off.

If it is one of the other OS that the client runs on, I am not sure. It should be similar as far as saving the zXXXXXXX file and wherever the client saves the infomation about which k/n pair it is working on.

www.amdusers.com
    Thank you endless mike, yes it is Windows XP Home. Its a Compaq notebook, 6 months new, HDD being replaced under warranty. Phew!