Thread: Oh! Come On!

Oh! Come On!

So having struggled through to get my first SubProject 25 Million, I was slightly annoyed to discover that it neither appeared in the MM's, nor added to the Squarepants total, nor for that matter do I receive the much sought after (by me at least) Orange-Faced MM Badge for achieving MM's in 50 categories. This seems a tad unfair really. It wasn't as if it would have been a surprise to me to be getting a Sub25m MM - I had been working my way towards it for some time, looking forward to this day, as probably only another Free-DC MM-fixated Boincer would appreciate.

I am quite used to the way this works now, however, I did forget about this weird rule of having to get more than one before you get rewarded which I have always disagreed with. I have always thought "You've earned it so you should have it - isn't that the point of it?". Oh well, so here I am having done the work and I won't get rewarded until I do it again!

Is it just me? I am not going to cry about it though - well - I'm trying really, really hard not to

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Your wish is granted. Lowered to 0 for 5M and above mm's. Ran the 25M one, the rest will go tonight.

Cheers and thanks Bok - you are as ever a star.

I thought about this a bit more and I (and I may well be alone in this) still feel that the "more than one" feature should go completely for exactly the same reasons I have already given. "You earned it - you should get it" trumps "You earned it but you won't get it till you do it again" in my book.
    I would apply this to Clanks and SubClanks too. I find it frustrating when I occasionally decide to focus on a smaller number of projects and find that after a while my stats suddenly plummet because they have dropped below the arbitrary threshold despite the fact I am still working hard, Boincing away, but just for some specific projects that have taken my fancy for whatever reason.
    Just sayin', not really expectin'

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    It's more about the amount of data it generates and time taken than anything else.

I've changed clanks and sclanks and ran those though.

I can do others on a case by case.