Thread: Hi!

Hi!

Hullo everyone! I was using prime95 to burn in my computer when I then got interested in the whole idea of using your pc's spare time to...blah...blah....blah (you all know what I mean)

Anyway.... Just wanted to say hello and let you know that I joined your GIMPS team (does anyone on here still do that, was noticing nobody had that in their statistics....) and hope to help you guys out

Happy New Years guys!

Welcome to the team! A few of us here will do GIMPS every now and again, but it seems like right now our main project are rosetta, sob, and a few others. This will change with time, but feel free to crunch what you want to! Again, Welcome!

I see that you have started on SoB...make sure to join up with Free-DC, because any work done prior to joining a team will not count toward the team total on this project.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Hi SoupNazi!

Welcome to Free-DC!

Bok

Welcome to Free-DC SoupNazi!

Edo
    =@=

Yea, I was trying to setup SoB yesterday and I wanted to know what I should put in the "Teams" field. I read a post that said "60" and when I typed Free-DC it gave me an error:

You've entered an invalid team name. Please check to make sure that it is alphanumeric
    So is 60 the correct thing to have in that field? Thanks guys!

PS: Never mind the question about what team to join......I just looked and realized it is FreeDC hehe......

PSS: SoB client window (havent made it a service or whatever your post suggests yet) shows me running a block, not a full test...will this contribute to your rank? Thanks!

It is fine the way you are running it. Some people prefer to run it as a service because it can be hidden when ran and not shown in the task bar. You can also choose not to send intermittant (sp?) blocks, but really the difference in performance is quite minor. It is running a full test...block by block. Hope you got everything straightened out. If you do have any questions though, feel free to ask. Also, this will not just contribute to the team rank, but it will also contribute to your own personal rank, which means 2 sets of stats. Hope you enjoy it!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Note that the team you put in on the client is irrelevant. To join the team you have to login on the SoB site and do it there.

Bok

Ah! I will go sign up for Free-DC then, thanks again.

CRAP! When I got to sign in all it does is redirect me to the Main Page (but I don't see any link to a place where I can edit my team details or personal password......what the....

EDIT: NVM!!! I found out how to bypass it (Firefox was giving me this errors when I tried to log in), joining your team now...
    Last edited by SoupNazi; 01-02-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Hi and welcome

just to clarify, if you want to keep the credit you have earned in SoB you need to complete the whole test. If you don't finish it it wilkl go back in the unfinished tests queue and once completed by another cruncher you lose the points.

So you are more than welcome to finish it if you like.
    Alas poor Borg, I knew it Horatio

http://www.butlersurvey.com/

GIMPS BS thread(started by the biggest BSer of all ;) )

Decided to try a number or two on one core of a dual-core Pentium-D. It's M29,074,739(2^29,074,739-1), and it looks like it'll take about 3 weeks, finishing on the 19th.

I think I'll go stare at the GIMPS stats for awhile.

Buh-bye.

Edit: In reference to the "topic" of my post, I had originally started my own thread, and I guess someone decided to consolidate it into this one, so the BSer I'm referring to is myself.
    Last edited by jasong; 01-30-2007 at 07:55 PM.