Thread: Could we have a "Date/Time of last Status Update" please?

Could we have a "Date/Time of last Status Update" please?

I don't know if it's down to Covid-19 or whatever, but I seem to be seeing a marked increase in variation of the time when the daily rollover of the status completes.
    As a confirmed stats scraper who spends a little time each day copying data to a spreadsheet, it can be frustrating to note that the MM stats page (which is the only one where it is not fairly obvious that it has or hasn't rolled) is the same as yesterdays and you realise that it hasn't yet rolled over.
    Could we maybe have a "Last Daily Update" Date/Time on the screen somewhere - I would suggest in the top right under the current System Time.
    I don't know if there is an hourly or whatever update that deserves a mention too, but I thought I would just throw it in here in case there is.
    Sorry if it is already there somewhere on a screen where I just haven't noticed it.
    Cheers

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    This is not totally straightforward but I will put thought into it.

Did you ever come up with anything Bok?
    If you are struggling to find a place to put it, dare I suggest changing the title from Mms Stats to Mms Stats (last updated Date/Time)
    Or just stick it at the bottom of the Navigation column Last Daily Update Date/Time
    Or even at a push make the title red on the mms screen if it was last updated yesterday - though I suspect some people might find that meaningless with different time zones - possibly me! Perhaps if it is more than 20 hours since the last daily update.
    Sorry - just thinking out loud, ... whilst waiting for the stats to change.

Blog Entries
    It's kind of less relevant on stats6 as the updates are much quicker. Daily rollover is consistently completed by about 1.30am EST.

But take a look at the mms page on stats6. I added a new table to hold an update time and added code to update when the mms script finishes.

Currently I just put the current time in there and am displaying it at the top of the mms page.

That would be great for me on the main/master page. The only slight confusion is that the time at the top right is in my Time Zone and this new date/time is in presumably yours. Given that it's sole purpose is for people to look at it and be able to know if it has been completed yet, it would be nice if it was in the local readers time zone, like the current time. However I am quite capable of subtracting a few hours on a morning - might even help wake me up! - so I won't be upset if it isn't a simple change and you don't want to do it.
    Also it might be less disruptive to any data scrapers out there, and look neater if it were just to appear in text form at the top right under the current time but that's just me being picky - what you have done gives me what I needed.
    Many thanks as ever and cheers Bok.

Blog Entries
    The reason it shows there is that then it's all part of the coding for just that pages (mms). Outside where the main date time is is part of the framework so is a lot more involved.

I could probably alter it to be in the users time, but yeah, that code is a PITA and IIRC we ended up having to detect browser and do different code for some of them. Was a long time ago though.

That sounds fair enough to me. I only wanted a flag to say it had been done so I am not going to be picky. You could even just change the background colour or something if it is more than say 18 hours since the last time if that is easier.
    We all know roughly when it normally gets done, and it only really bothers me when I get the time to sit and look at the stats at about that time.

Not that it matters one iota to me as I have what I wanted (thanks again Bok) but I am suspicious of the time it shows. I just watched it go through the final stages at about 9:20 am my time only to see the time flip to 2020-10-16 03:55:53 EST. I thought there was a 5 hour time difference at the moment, not a 5 and a half hour one, so I am wondering if you have used the start time rather than the end time?

Blog Entries
    That may be a caching issue.

The logs show it occurred at the end of the script at that exact time

<snippet >
    Start: updating time ...
    update static.mm_updated set mm_updated_time = now()
    Ending script at Fri Oct 16 03:55:53 2020

Much earlier on stats6

Start: updating time ...
    update static.mm_updated set mm_updated_time = now()
    Ending script at Fri Oct 16 01:16:41 2020
    Processed 745 sql statements...

Just to be clear it is absolutely fine for me - that date is a godsend, never mind the time. Thanks again.