Thread: Boinc@tacc

Boinc@tacc

It may not be the most helpful name (sounds too much like BOINC ATTACK to me), but a new project has arrived and started exporting stats too: https://boinc.tacc.utexas.edu/

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Added, they should show up soon. Please note that you have to consent to export your stats just like Einstein, LHC etc.

It is taking its time. So far it only shows in the team stats, and it seems the data is not sorted in the way you expected it to.

The project hasn't updated the stats for 2.5 days so nothing has changed.

You are using your real name but if you aren't you get a different CPID to the one you should have for your email address.
    They are also including host details for people that have selected not to show their hosts which given their paranoia over revealing any details about someone seems a bit strange !

I am curious here. I realise their team is busy and aren't yet exporting, but I noticed today that I am 14th on the list for BOINC@Tacc with a massive 5 stones as per Free-DCs detail page on the project. (See https://stats.free-dc.org/users/tac)
    Yeah that's 5. Not 5K, 5M or 5B! I don't want to boast but I actually have 18! Roll on that export! Wooo Hooo! ;-)
    What I am curious about is why does it not appear on my detailed stats? Is there a lower limit or is there perhaps an issue that could do with being sorted so when they do finally export properly that is just works straightaway.
    Despite it being only 5, I would love it to register as my 100th Project, just so it can mess up all my spreadsheets because of that extra digit. Well... It'll give me something to do!

Blog Entries
    split CPID?? I have the same issue as I can't get them to even acknowledge my request to change my email address which you can;t do manually at that project

Thanks for that Bok - it appears to be my first split CPID! After all this time! How exciting!
    It also seems that my CPID is now correct on the Boinc@tacc site - so presumably when they start exporting again I'll get all of my massive 18!!! But more importantly it will be my 100th Project, and with that at least another 4 Squarepants!
    All for doing something good to help stop Covid-19.
    Boinc helps keep you sane during lockdown!

I have another Id (8264698737f0b9d74b4016adf22db116) at Boinc@tacc too, despite having all credentials the same during registration. It would be my 99th project...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I have another Id (8264698737f0b9d74b4016adf22db116) at Boinc@tacc too, despite having all credentials the same during registration. It would be my 99th project...
    I'm in a similar boat waiting for my 100th project!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRBright View Post
    I'm in a similar boat waiting for my 100th project!
    We both made it to the 100th project, without the help of Boinc@tacc, who can't be arsed to solve their problem(s).

Thanks for the effective heads up about MLC@Home Dirk - much appreciated. That's me on 101, and still without TACCy, though 101 wasn't nearly as satisfying as 100. :-) So I am not so excited (or optimistic!) about getting to 102 - eventually!

Blog Entries
    There is also Minecraft@Home which came out recently.

BOINC@TACC Recently had two small batches of tasks on their new / current URL

https://boinc.tacc.utexas.edu/index.php

Bill F
    Dallas TX