Thread: Logo

Logo

DHEP has sadly been without a logo so far so I thought I'd come up with something to fill the void.

I'm not great at this kind of thing so please be easy with the critisism! What do you think?

http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/mmg.../DHEP_Logo.jpg

Cool!

Thanks for all of the work that you've been doing.

I'll be back in the project as soon as the current protein is done in Distributed Folding. I'm helping out my team-mates hold off the Dutch Power Cows. Probably only last another 2 weeks at most.

prok

Good to see you back after such a long time away...

Maybe only the left bit of the logger might be better (just the planet). What do you think?

Also, do you think Free-DC could beat the Sussex team for a week?

Impressive display by Free-DC on Tuesday 13th! Maybe next time you'll beat Sussex...

Logo

I certainly think the double-helix should be incorporated into the theme of the logo. I'm also thinking maybe a certain colored circuit board could represent cytosine, another type of circuit board representing thymine, another, guanine, another color type circuit board uracil and the circuit boards would form the double-helix. I know there is probably a desire out there to represent the uses of these circuits in modern day applications.

Dan Replogle

Are you artistically inclined?

Logo

I am not artistically inclined. I would be interested in commissioning an artist to come up with a design. Before we do that we would all have to agree on a similar idea so I could present it. I could use your initial design Miguel or however you might want to handle that.

I can hear my wife now 'You want to do WHAT???'

Expiration date of logo contest?

Does anyone know the expiration date of the logo contest and how many submissions have been made?

Thanks,

Dan Replogle

Hi guys,

All the logo entries I've seen so far seem too complicated and busy. I stuck together a quick mockup of what I think would work better. It can't be used as the final thing because I just stole some random picture of dna from google and quickly painted over the lines draw on it.

Anyway,

ashp,

thats definatley the best one so far in my umble opinion

smooth and simple

adream
    63. (1) (b) "music" includes sounds wholly or predominantly characterised by the emission of a succession of repetitive beats

Very nice indeed! What if we replaced circuit elements for the base pairs within the DNA dbl helix?

Congratulations to ASHP who's logo has just been voted winner of the competition.

Ashp, could you confirm that it would be OK for your logo to be put on the DHEP website and this forum and used to represent DHEP on other related websites?

Confirmation! I'm just glad people liked it.

My only concern is that the DNA strand in the background came from the National Institutes of Health, and wasn't made by me. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that nobody is going to come and beat us up over it, so don't worry too much.

I tried to find a link to a webmaster of their site but found none. Not much more we can do. Plus we're definitevely not competing with them on any front If they do contact us we pull it down and reopen the competition!